Still experiencing severe itchiness

I am on day 12 of my Whole30. Starting to really feel good at this point with inflammation in my joints not as bad as before (I have osteoarthritis), I’m waking up energized and my head really feels clear. 

One of the main reasons I started Whole30 was to see what is triggering severe itching in my hands/eczema. I thought by day 12 I’d be feeling some relief but my hands are drier than ever and the itching is relentless. I thought maybe there was a food that is compliant that might be triggering it? Or maybe I just need to give it more time. Any thoughts?

Also, I noticed the morning after eating Chili(whole30) my fingers were real swollen. Could it be the tomatoes? 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Monica Calderin said:

I am on day 12 of my Whole30. Starting to really feel good at this point with inflammation in my joints not as bad as before (I have osteoarthritis), I’m waking up energized and my head really feels clear. 

One of the main reasons I started Whole30 was to see what is triggering severe itching in my hands/eczema. I thought by day 12 I’d be feeling some relief but my hands are drier than ever and the itching is relentless. I thought maybe there was a food that is compliant that might be triggering it? Or maybe I just need to give it more time. Any thoughts?

Also, I noticed the morning after eating Chili(whole30) my fingers were real swollen. Could it be the tomatoes? 

It definitely could be the tomatoes.. could also be the dry winter air that's making your hands drier than ever and exacerbating your situation. Are you eating a lot more of something on the program than you do in your 'regular' diet?  Avocados? Eggs?

2 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

It definitely could be the tomatoes.. could also be the dry winter air that's making your hands drier than ever and exacerbating your situation. Are you eating a lot more of something on the program than you do in your 'regular' diet?  Avocados? Eggs?

I live in South Florida so it's definitely not the weather. I have been eating eggs every morning but only 2 in the morning. I don't like Avocados. I've been cooking different meals every single night. The only thing I repeat is my breakfast. 

3 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Found this quote on Web md:

"Some studies show that these might make eczema worse -- especially for babies and children. Peanuts, milk, soy, wheat, fish, and eggs are the most common culprits."

So maybe the eggs? I'm going to try to eliminate them for a few days and see what happens.

53 minutes ago, Minimal4Me said:

Are you eating more nuts or nut butters? That's what does this to me.

I have been eating pecan halves but not everyday. Also fresh grind almond butter but also not every day.

Archived