Sea Salt Woes

Midlifemimi

I'm sure this has been addressed before but I had trouble locating it. I am allergic to sea salt.  What would be the best option to replace it?  I like Kosher, but I wasn't sure.  Trying to get everything in order for a January 7 start date.  That is when I return from vacation.  Right now I am entering a period of cutting down sugar and slowly moving to black coffee to prepare.

• 2 weeks later...

I am allergic to sea salt.  I was happy to find that a nearby grocer had products that were Whole30 compliant.  Including bacon, sausage, and apple chicken sausages.  Once again THEY ALL contain sea salt! I want to start this plan but it's making me miserable solving issues and then finding out I am back to square one.  I want to be properly prepared to start this plan.  I want to do it right and stick with it.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Can you help? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Midlifemimi said:

I am allergic to sea salt.  I was happy to find that a nearby grocer had products that were Whole30 compliant.  Including bacon, sausage, and apple chicken sausages.  Once again THEY ALL contain sea salt! I want to start this plan but it's making me miserable solving issues and then finding out I am back to square one.  I want to be properly prepared to start this plan.  I want to do it right and stick with it.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Can you help? 

I added a line at the beginning of your post to indicate your allergy :)

You probably know this but you don't 'need' bacon, sausage or other processed food products on Whole30... being in Canada and having done my first whole30 over 5 years ago, we didn't have any options for these things and it worked just fine... yes, it can be more convenient but the time you spend at the grocery reading labels and then getting frustrated with the allergen, you could be hardboiling some eggs or roasting a chicken and then avoiding the problem altogether.

I've also merged both your posts together as it makes the forum messy and hard to navigate when people are answering the same question to the same poster in multiple threads.

20 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

I added a line at the beginning of your post to indicate your allergy :)

You probably know this but you don't 'need' bacon, sausage or other processed food products on Whole30... being in Canada and having done my first whole30 over 5 years ago, we didn't have any options for these things and it worked just fine... yes, it can be more convenient but the time you spend at the grocery reading labels and then getting frustrated with the allergen, you could be hardboiling some eggs or roasting a chicken and then avoiding the problem altogether.

I've also merged both your posts together as it makes the forum messy and hard to navigate when people are answering the same question to the same poster in multiple threads.

Thank you, so is quoting the best way to reply?  Or should I choose the option of reply?  I'm so sorry that I don't understand how not to confuse everyone, and thank you so much for merging.  I think you are right...reading labels is frustrating and getting me down.  So nice to have help.  So good to know it can be done without all the extras.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Midlifemimi said:

Thank you, so is quoting the best way to reply?  Or should I choose the option of reply?  I'm so sorry that I don't understand how not to confuse everyone, and thank you so much for merging.  I think you are right...reading labels is frustrating and getting me down.  So nice to have help.  So good to know it can be done without all the extras.

Quoting means that on a longer thread, the answer is under the question... most mods use quoting because it's just a habit that we have to make sure that if we're answering a question 2 pages back from the end of the thread where our reply shows up, people don't have to go searching for context... in a small thread like this, it's not necessary but again, some of us just default :)  Either way works :) 

Archived