What Am I Sensitive To?

formerwaitress

I'm almost two weeks in and I notice that I stopped having mood swings and being high-strung, which was unlike me for most of my life but started with a birth control I began 5 years ago and continued even when I stopped taking it.  I am extremely happy with this result and really want it to last after the 30 days are over.  Anyone have similar experiences and know what I should think about cutting out of my diet long term to sustain this result?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, formerwaitress said:

I'm almost two weeks in and I notice that I stopped having mood swings and being high-strung, which was unlike me for most of my life but started with a birth control I began 5 years ago and continued even when I stopped taking it.  I am extremely happy with this result and really want it to last after the 30 days are over.  Anyone have similar experiences and know what I should think about cutting out of my diet long term to sustain this result?

Well done on your personal awareness! This is the entire point of Whole30 and more importantly, the point of systematic reintroductions. You are going to very carefully add things back and see how you feel. If you add something back and get that moodswing/high strung feeling again, then you know! My guess is that it's going to be based in gluten which has a wild ability to affect mood, anxiety and emotional stability. But you have to test and see.

Archived