Can I have my melatonin lozenges

KLynn1990

I currently, by doctors request, take melatonin. I am not a pill tolerate individual and use Source Naturals Melatonin Complex Orange Lozenges. We are on a very tight budget, and the reason I am doing Whole 30 is because it closely matches my doctors requirements for a doctor ordered exclusion diet. The "Other ingredients: sorbitol, mannitol, stearic acid, modified cellulose gum, natural orange flavor, magnesium stearate, and silica." Amazon Product Link

Please keep in mind when answering that I do not currently have monetary means to purchase another supplement and that I don't actually know if this one lozenge nightly will majorly affect the benefits of cutting all sweeteners. As of now this is the only product I have that I'm not 100% sure I will be able to cut out of my diet.

Reasons for exclusion diet: Chronic Migraine and sleep disturbances including falling asleep, staying asleep, and inability to wake up.

• Moderators

Sorbitol and mannitol are sweeteners and not compliant, but doctors orders trump Whole30 rules.

It might be helpful to work with your doctor on dosage/usage as you get further into the Whole30 and your sleep improves naturally, with your body regulating it better.  I assume since you're on medication for sleep issues, you've already cut out all caffeine. If not, I highly recommend weaning yourself. Even small amounts can be incredibly disruptive of sleep to those who are sensitive.

Archived