Do I need to add an extra day to my whole30?

Hi,

I am on day 7 of my whole 30. I followed the rules 100% on day 1. However, on day 2, I actively made the decision to use mustard with added sugar in my salad dressing. I looked at the label and thought,"ugh. it has sugar. Whatever, this little bit of sugar won't hurt. I'll get compliant mustard tomorrow." I did get compliant mustard on day 3, and have followed the rules 100% besides that instance. I've been stressing over whether I need to add an extra day to my whole30, e.g. have my last day be February 5 rather than February 4. I really don't want to have to add on an extra day! Is the mustard enough of a deal breaker to justify tacking on an extra day?

• Moderators
Just now, Mvardama13 said:

Hi,

I am on day 7 of my whole 30. I followed the rules 100% on day 1. However, on day 2, I actively made the decision to use mustard with added sugar in my salad dressing. I looked at the label and thought,"ugh. it has sugar. Whatever, this little bit of sugar won't hurt our count. I'll get compliant mustard tomorrow." I did get compliant mustard on day 3, and have followed the rules 100% besides that instance. I've been stressing over whether I need to add an extra day to my whole30, e.g. have my last day be February 5 rather than February 4. I really don't want to have to add on an extra day! Is the mustard enough of a deal breaker to justify tacking on an extra day?

Knowingly breaking the rules almost always calls for a reset but ultimately the decision is up to you... have a read through the article below called 'do I really need to start over' and decide for yourself but by the time you get to Feb 4th, is one more day a deal breaker?

Archived