Hash browns

Mhop719

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Mhop719 said:

Are commercially prepared hash browns that are “par fried” compliant? The company is not being specific about  what “ par fried” means. It was brought to my attention that this may mean deep fried. They are not fully cooked.

I would say that if the company isn't telling you a straight answer, then aside from Whole30, they are not a company I would be giving my money or trust to.  That said, there's no way for us to know if that means deep fried for a second or two, what oil they use etc... so I would say leave these out... easy enough to grate your own potato and pan fry or chop small and roast in the oven and then you know exactly what's in it.

Sunflower oil is the oil they use and it was listed on ingredients. I’ve already eaten them and am wondering if it would require a restart? I saw all compliant ingredients and purchased them. Then I was told in a fb group that it was non compliant due to the “par fry” process.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Mhop719 said:

Sunflower oil is the oil they use and it was listed on ingredients. I’ve already eaten them and am wondering if it would require a restart? I saw all compliant ingredients and purchased them. Then I was told in a fb group that it was non compliant due to the “par fry” process.

Sunflower oil is allowed usually for eating out but for this case, I don't think it requires a restart, I would just put these aside until you're done.

Archived