Whole30 with 4 kids

Lps18

• Moderators

Are you having your kids do Whole30 too, or are they just going to be mostly Whole30? That could make a difference in what kinds of advice will be helpful to you.

There's a section here on the forum especially for this topic:  https://forum.whole30.com/forum/16-whole30-for-kids/ -- you might browse through there and see if there's anything helpful to you.

I know there are tips on the internet for hiding vegetables, if they're picky eaters -- like adding diced veggies to spaghetti sauce or meatloaf so they don't notice them as much. 

It's a good idea to cook some stuff ahead so that you have food on hand if time gets away from you and you need to get supper on the table in a hurry. Compliant hot dogs or sausages can be hard to find, but are helpful for that, or keep some burger patties in the freezer that you can cook quickly from frozen. Frozen vegetables can be good to keep around too, since they can also be prepared quickly.

Is there anything in particular you'd like more advice on? I'm sure someone on the forum will have ideas for you, but it's hard to know exactly what to suggest without knowing what particular concerns you have.

Thanks for replying! Thankfully my kids know they aren’t allowed to be picky eaters so they eat whatever we give them. I think I’m most worried about time. It was hard enough the first two times I did it and we only had 1 and a baby. I just have no idea how to make it less time consuming. 

• Moderators

A lot of people find it helpful to do a weekly cookup -- here's a description of how that can work:  http://meljoulwan.com/2010/01/14/paleo-kitchen-the-method-behind-my-madness/     

Breakfast casseroles, things that can be cooked in a crockpot, prechopped fresh vegetables or frozen or even canned vegetables, compliant hot dogs or sausages, and possibly rotisserie chickens from the grocery store deli, depending on your store's options can also help. Cook extra so you have leftovers for lunch. Make up a pot of soup or stew or chili, enough for a couple of days at a time. 

I'm sure I've forgotten something, hopefully some other people will weigh in too.

Archived