Fats and meals

jmw1227

I make all my veggies and meats in either avocado oil or olive oil. When I eat the meals with the portions of meats & veggies, will the fat oils that they were cooked in suffice as fats?  I'm not a huge avocado raw fan-I'm workingg on building up to it. 

Or  Would drinking a glass of almond or coconut milk or handful of nuts with meals, give me some added fats? 

Thanks!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, jmw1227 said:

I make all my veggies and meats in either avocado oil or olive oil. When I eat the meals with the portions of meats & veggies, will the fat oils that they were cooked in suffice as fats?  I'm not a huge avocado raw fan-I'm workingg on building up to it. 

Or  Would drinking a glass of almond or coconut milk or handful of nuts with meals, give me some added fats? 

Thanks!

We generally suggest that people add plated fat to their meals as cooking fat is often left in the pan, split between portions and not sufficient.  You don't have to eat avocado.  What about mayo, pesto, ranch, olives, mayo based salad dressings etc...

Drinking 'milk' is not recommended and nuts are recommended to be a closed handful every other day at most so that's about 9 or so...

Thanks!!

i could easily add olives. Never been a fan of mayo or pesto. Trying another avocado pesto recipe tomorrow though. I love black olives. Will incorporate those for sure. Will figure something for breakfast though. Although, I'm good from breakfast (745) until lunch (1130 or so). It's the lunch to dinner (5:30) and the post-dinner that is hardest. I finished Day 7 todat so I will figure out more of myself this week. Thanks!!

Archived