Real sore during 2nd Whole30

JStagge

This is my second time going doing the Whole30.  I did not have a lot of aches last time but I am on day 8 and my legs have been aching a lot since day 4.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help with leg pain?   I know bananas would help out.

I definitely find a magnesium supplement helps me with night leg cramps- which I also seem to experience with greater frequency during Whole 30.

I also have a lingering shoulder injury (had surgery about 3+ years ago, which didn’t entirely relieve the problem), and I find that I experience a deep, aching pain at night at times on Whole 30 in that shoulder. It’s not that painful (maybe a 2 on the pain scale), but it’s deep and nagging, which makes it difficult to sleep and sometimes wakes me up.

This is my 3rd W30 and it was much worse during my first round.  This round I experienced the problem the first 2 or so nights, then it disappeared and I’ve been sleeping incredibly soundly since, until about 2 nights ago (I’m on day 15, FYI). I find foam rolling before bed helps but doesn’t entirely alleviate the problem. Any additional thoughts?

I started having a lot calf tightness and pain on about day 5, it's a lot better now on day 15, but it's still a bit tight especially during work outs.  It is an old injury that I thought had been resolved, but apparently not fully.  On the same side I have persistent inflammation in my ankle, which has been getting continuously better during whole30.  I have found that I have been able to speed the recovery by increasing my intake of magnesium and calcium rich foods (magnesium and calcium are tricky to get balanced just right), soaking in an Epsom salt bath nightly, and doing some deep tissue massage on myself at the sight of inflammation and tightness.  I think that whole30 is allowing my body to work on the persistent inflammation, which is causing temporary pain/tightness, but that in the long run will end up allowing the injury to fully heal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived