Sign in to follow this  
ktblu86

Vegetarian who eats eggs + Dried fruit

Hi Friends!

I am a vegetarian on Whole 30. I eat eggs but no meat or fish. This is my first Whole30 and I'm loving it. I pay close attention to having protein, good fat and vegetables for each  of my 3 meals per day. Unfortunately, I think I've been eating too much dried fruit. I didn't realize (perhaps a blind eye) how little dried fruit is supposed to be consumed during this time. I will add that I have not been using much white or sweet potatoes or squash so perhaps that offsets some of the carb/sugar intake? I realize now I've been using dried fruit as a dessert which does not correct my bad behaviors and I'm ready to remove them entirely to move forward.  I haven't weighed in since day 1 per the rules but so that I can brace myself, do you think that the last 14 days have been sabotaged by this even if I've been perfect about everything else? I'm so bummed. Thanks for your help in advance. 

Good for you for recognizing this. The Whole30 is an elimination protocol so as long as you have not eaten foods which are not permitted during the 30 days, you're fine. But if you feel you want to extend your Whole30 in order to give yourself the best chance at breaking the sugar dragon hold, that's common too.