Starting my first Whole30 on Dec. 31!!

MommaMawby

Obviously I am not doing much this year for New Year's Eve. *sigh

My "story" is the standard.....always active when I was younger. Didn't have to watch what I ate. Got married....chicken wings replaced salad, beer replaced water. Gained a few (15 lbs). Had babies...gained 30 more....woke up one day and realized my body was falling apart. Joined a gym, went to a dietician....journaled my food meticulously, followed the food pyramid to the letter. Lost zero pounds over a year. Was so exhausted I could not function (ie. pass out, get dizzy etc.) Ate more food, gained more weight, had three doctors diagnose me with depression, I fired them, I was exhausted and sick but I was not "depressed". Found a fourth who believed in doing his job and actually ran blood work, discovered I have thyroid issues but he believes in diet and lifestyle adjustment rather than pills/medication right off the start. Which is awesome but for the first 6 weeks I was really, really, really angry. Given my whole family is on thyroid meds. I could not imagine how he could refuse to medicate me.

I went home to do some googling and stumbled on Mark's Daily Apple.....loved it, but the thought of no grains seemed sorta, oh I don't know, INSANE to me. Then I read Robb Wolf's book, then I found this site. I bought ISWF last Thursday, finished it this morning and well....there you go.

I am taking my first Whole30 pretty seriously. I have booked in 24 sessions with a trainer at my gym, they start a week after my food changes. I told him that I would like to do crossfit style workouts (I just can't swing the 150+ a month for a xfit affiliate right now) he is excited and thinks this is brilliant. I also signed up for a learn to run group.

I am feeling very excited right now and motivated. My cupboards are bare, my two fridges and chest freezer are overflowing. I have made two types of salad dressings and have my meals planned for this week already.

Yeah, so that is me. I am super lucky to have a husband that is on board 100% (okay, he keeps bread at the office but as long as I don't see it I don't care) my kids, well they are 3 and 5 and they will adjust - pretty sure they won't starve themselves.

So all that is left is the detox grumpies, indigestion and gas! To that I say, "bring it on" because it cannot be worse than what I have been dealing with for 5 years.

Now, I am off to surf the boards and comment randomly.

Obviously I am not doing much this year for New Year's Eve. *sigh

You and me both :) I'm starting my 2nd W30 tomorrow. I've already done a W60 and have been 90%+ compliant ever since but I can see odd bad little habits beginning to creep back in and I want to nip them in the bud so I'm jumping right back in. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

I'm starting tomorrow as well. Went to the grocery today for veggies. We raise our own meat thank goodness! I did buy some salmon and chicken breasts w/skin to change up the meals once in awhile. I need to lose at least 40 lb. I've been consistent with weight training and cardio for 30+ yrs....the diet and life style changes (job change) is when I went off the cliff. I have my own gym, and there is a gym at work. My main focus will be Whole 30 as diet is my down fall.

Archived