Hello Wall...

My whole 30 has been going along rather smoothly. I am sleeping wonderfully, energy levels good, working out and managing life. However, Day 13 hit and I am fighting every knee jerk habit and craving. Same for Day 14. The "toss the towel in" is a big mental fight these two days. Also, since day 10 I noticed my routine BMs are not occurring. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.  I am going the AIP Whole30 and I have not gone off track. 

Meal Breakdowns: 

Breakfast: Turkey or Beef/Bison patties, avocado and veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, beets, sweet potato, squash)

Lunch:  Lamb/ Venison Stew, Chicken Soup, Butternut Squash, or veggie soup.  (veggies added are kale, parsnips, carrots, onion, sweet potato)
Dinner:  Fish (tuna, salmon, shrimp), Beef/Bison Steak, or Chicken leg with roasted veggies, cauliflower rice. 

I route them but I do try to have at least one meal a day that is meatless. Soups/Stew are made with homemade bone broth. I know what goes in must come out. I also, wonder if that is the cause for some of the off track mental stuff going on and the energy dips throughout the day. I am not hungry, but I do notice that every 4 hours I get cranky, short tempered, etc. So, I make sure I eat. I normally do not snack (because I always snacked for no reason and I am not hungry)  After my workouts, I will eat a small portion of the listed above but only if I went over 60 minutes. 

Any tips, advice, constructive criticism ? Thank you for the help. 

39 minutes ago, lovestohike said:

My whole 30 has been going along rather smoothly. I am sleeping wonderfully, energy levels good, working out and managing life. However, Day 13 hit and I am fighting every knee jerk habit and craving. Same for Day 14. The "toss the towel in" is a big mental fight these two days. Also, since day 10 I noticed my routine BMs are not occurring. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.  I am going the AIP Whole30 and I have not gone off track. 

Meal Breakdowns: 

Breakfast: Turkey or Beef/Bison patties, avocado and veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, beets, sweet potato, squash)

Lunch:  Lamb/ Venison Stew, Chicken Soup, Butternut Squash, or veggie soup.  (veggies added are kale, parsnips, carrots, onion, sweet potato)
Dinner:  Fish (tuna, salmon, shrimp), Beef/Bison Steak, or Chicken leg with roasted veggies, cauliflower rice. 

I route them but I do try to have at least one meal a day that is meatless. Soups/Stew are made with homemade bone broth. I know what goes in must come out. I also, wonder if that is the cause for some of the off track mental stuff going on and the energy dips throughout the day. I am not hungry, but I do notice that every 4 hours I get cranky, short tempered, etc. So, I make sure I eat. I normally do not snack (because I always snacked for no reason and I am not hungry)  After my workouts, I will eat a small portion of the listed above but only if I went over 60 minutes. 

Any tips, advice, constructive criticism ? Thank you for the help. 

Just a quick note that I noticed my feelings about hunger have changed significantly since doing W30 - I no longer feel hungry how I used to - now I get headachy and tired (sometimes cranky) when I need to eat. 

Also, there's no fat listed in your lunch or dinner! That could definitely be impacting your energy and your ability to stay full for longer periods of time. 

Archived