Hives please help!

So I’m on day 7 and over the last 3 days I’ve broken out in hives. I have no food allergies and pretty much everything I’ve eaten, I’ve had in the past. Please tell me someone else has had this happen. It just seems to be getting worse and worse. I haven’t had any nuts, bananas or kombucha today which I thought was the problem but nothing has subsided.  I also took 2 Benadryl and it didn’t help either. 

• Administrators

Yikes, sorry to hear this. I would seek out professional medical assistance if I were you, no one here can provide medical counselling. 

I'd say it could be something you are eating a lot more of than previously but you're only a week in, I can't imagine it would happen that fast? Did you change detergent, soap, fabric softener, buy new sheets, wear an unwashed new shirt? Any new fragrance products in the home or office?

I wish it was one of those things, but I haven’t bought or used anything new in regards to household or personal items. I am rewashing everything in tide free and clear to be sure.  I really just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else, I’m going to go to urgent care tmrw. 

Definitely go to the doctor and sad to say just because you haven't been allergic to something in the past doesn't mean you won't develop an allergy. I know multiple people, myself included who've developed allergies in their 20s and 30s out of basically no where. :(

I can't say it's the same thing, but I found I developed a histamine intolerance a few years ago and had to back off high-histamine foods like eggs and shellfish (and wine outside of whole30). I started breaking out in hives and had never had them before in my life. (I didn't even know what they were, thought maybe they were bed bug bites or something, haha.) After talking to a doctor who gave me no help, just a prescription cream, I did some research myself and histamine intolerance was the closest I could get to my symptoms. And considering I was eating eggs for breakfast everyday, not just on the Whole30, but for nearly a decade, it seemed plausible. So I quit the eggs, and since then, no more hives! I still eat eggs from time to time, I'm not allergic, just not everyday anymore.

Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, lgt2013 said:

I can't say it's the same thing, but I found I developed a histamine intolerance a few years ago and had to back off high-histamine foods like eggs and shellfish (and wine outside of whole30). I started breaking out in hives and had never had them before in my life. (I didn't even know what they were, thought maybe they were bed bug bites or something, haha.) After talking to a doctor who gave me no help, just a prescription cream, I did some research myself and histamine intolerance was the closest I could get to my symptoms. And considering I was eating eggs for breakfast everyday, not just on the Whole30, but for nearly a decade, it seemed plausible. So I quit the eggs, and since then, no more hives! I still eat eggs from time to time, I'm not allergic, just not everyday anymore.

Hope that helps!

I read about high histamine foods today too, which of course I’ve eaten quite a bit of the last few days.  How long after you cut out those foods did you see your hives clear up?

Archived