Working on the road!

Lady L

Hi!  My partner is a stand up comedian and works primarily on the road.  Often in situations where gas stations and comedy clubs (bar food) are the primary spots to get food for 3 days at a time, sleeping in hotels.  We’d love some suggestions of how to best manage this!  Thank you!

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Lady L said:

Hi!  My partner is a stand up comedian and works primarily on the road.  Often in situations where gas stations and comedy clubs (bar food) are the primary spots to get food for 3 days at a time, sleeping in hotels.  We’d love some suggestions of how to best manage this!  Thank you!

Are there no grocery stores where he's working?  Can he take an uber or taxi to a grocery store to get food?  You might look through the forum because there's tons of help for people who have done this in hotels or working on the road, so it's not a unique context.  I googled 'whole30 in a hotel' and quite a few results came up.

Additionally, he is in different hotels all the time.  Traveling with a hot plate/cooking in the room isn’t really an option.  Mostly I’m looking for advice on food that keeps and travels well. IE, jerky, quality hot dogs, avacado, etc.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Lady L said:

Additionally, he is in different hotels all the time.  Traveling with a hot plate/cooking in the room isn’t really an option.  Mostly I’m looking for advice on food that keeps and travels well. IE, jerky, quality hot dogs, avacado, etc.

Dig around these threads because like I said above, lots of people have this concern and there's tons of good advice that's already out there :) 

Archived