Starting January 22nd

Tammzplaceofhappy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2018 at 6:27 AM, staciemd12 said:

Hi! I am going to start my 2nd Whole30 on the 23rd or the 24th, I will be coming home from a month overseas on the 22nd and desperately need a reset. Since we are close in our start dates, thought i'd comment. Good luck!!

Hi Stacie!  Thanks for your response.  Overseas for a month... I can't get the family to leave our state!  Good luck to you as well.  I'm already eye balling my pantry to what I can't eat! 

I'm starting on the 22nd as well!  I did my first Whole30 last summer and rocked it, stayed with for quite some time, then started to falter in the spring.  My youngest graduated last June, so between then and about Oct. my newly found empty nest had me in a funk and my eating/working out went to cr@p.  

I'm soooooo ready to feel healthy again and do this!  I've been prepping food, freezing soup and other goodies like homemade chicken meatballs, and have a prep menu set for Sunday (will be roasting potatoes, making a kale/onion/apple saute, roasting caul rice, cooking up a span squash to then make a whole30 version of "Chicken Pot Pie" by Pretend it's a Donut).

Having support is so helpful!

Christy, I would love to do this with you on the 22nd.  I have started several times but never stuck with it so would love any recipes you like and any tricks/thoughts that kept you going when it got hard.  I generally eat pretty healthy, so I have a lot of recipes, but it is always nice to have more.  Obviously you prep a lot?   I work out too and run and it seems so hard to stick with it.  But, I really want to do it this time and am looking for some encouragement online. 

Hi friends! I’m starting whole on the 22nd as well! I keep saying that I’ll “give it another week”, but it’s getting old. So here’s to just getting on with it! 

I’m new to the forum as well. My husband was doing paleo with me but was trimming down to much (really....?) so I need some support outside of the house! Is there a way we can all keep in touch @ChristyJ @Alivesay @Tammzplaceofhappy?!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, AshleyBovard said:

Hi friends! I’m starting whole on the 22nd as well! I keep saying that I’ll “give it another week”, but it’s getting old. So here’s to just getting on with it! 

I’m new to the forum as well. My husband was doing paleo with me but was trimming down to much (really....?) so I need some support outside of the house! Is there a way we can all keep in touch @ChristyJ @Alivesay @Tammzplaceofhappy?!

Most people use these threads to keep in touch so you're in the right place.

@AshleyBovard I DEFINITELY need some support outside my house!  And @Christine55 I have had quite a few "false starts" if that is what we should call them, but am looking forward (Kinda) to this too.  My biggest hurdles are honestly on the night of day 2, and around day 7, plus the temptation to taste/eat what my kids are eating.  I serve them much of the same stuff but then will often supplement it with homemade bread or macaroni and cheese and it is soooo hard not to eat a little bit.  Anyways, are you all preparing today too?  I am going to make some soup and freeze it like @ChristyJ said, make her pot pie recipe, and then plan my meals for at least the first 5 days....Oh and put the candy and sweets out of sight at least.

I am also going to be starting on 22nd.  I eat pretty clean most of the day, but then I unwind in the evening with a glass of wine and some plantain chips and it goes downhill from there - and then I feel awful in the morning.  My husband won't be joining me on the plan so it's going to be hard for me to stick to this.  I'm hoping that this forum will keep me accountable.

I'm starting today, Jan. 21! I spent last week reading and prepping and couldn't wait one more day to get started.

I'm most looking forward to cleaning up my desire for sweets. One of the differences with Whole30 is that you aren't encouraged to find alternative ways to make sweets or "treats"...you simply must avoid them or replace them with water, a walk, etc. This is a change I'm looking forward to. 

What are you most looking forward to?

Hi! I'm starting on the 22nd, too. I tried Whole30 last year, but fell off the wagon around day 14. My biggest pit fall was meal prep -- it just takes so much time! I'm trying to circumvent that this time by having more of a plan in advance. Today I'm making shepherd's pie, chopping ALL the vegetables and stocking my kitchen :)

One thing I got really sick of last time was eggs for breakfast-- I'm probably going to do them this week just because they're easy, but does anyone know of any good breakfast recipes that don't have eggs?  I want to try to switch things up a bit more week to week. 

Good luck everyone! 

How's everyone doing?  Are you ready for tomorrow?  I am!!

Today I:

• roasted potatoes
  • roasted caul & sweet potato rice
  • made Pretend It's a Donuts' "chicken pot pie casserole" recipe and divided it into single servings
  • cut up strawberries and put them in single serve containers
  • made hard boiled eggs
  • went grocery shopping for good stuff (kale, apples, turkey cutlets, ground chicken, celery, olives, etc.)
  • did before pictures (ugh)
  • did before measurements (double ugh)
  • printed out weekly food journal

Packed my Whole30 Day by Day book in my work bag.  I'll weigh myself in the morning.

We've got this!!!

Hello all! 

I'm prepping for tomorrow! 

Today, I've been putting together a plan on my Real Plans app! I started using this app last year and I LOVE it. It does cost money each month (I think about $15?) But it is extremely helpful! And they have plan dedicated to Whole30! I like being able to plan out the days I cook and having all my ingredients combined for me! You can also disable ingredients that you don't like (aka brussel sprouts for me, pleh!). 

Unfortunately, my husband and I took an unexpected trip out of town today and are just not getting back to town. I've planned out my meals for the week and was able to prep meals from what I already have in the fridge / pantry for tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be grocery shopping for the rest of the week!

@Bess W some of my favorite recipes for breakfast are a breakfast hash of sorts and chicken sausage, both which can be made in bulk for the week! 

My weakness this week will probably be coffee and snacks. Getting lots of almonds and berries to prep! 

We got this people! How are the rest of you?! @Alivesay @Christine55 @TerriC to name a few!

@AshleyBovard, I still have my morning coffee, but I drink it with either coconut milk, flavored nutpods, or Vital Proteins coffee creamer.  One of my favorite snacks is having cut up celery,carrots & peppers with compliant guac.  I've gotten so I'll eat anything for breakfast and think of it as "Meal 1."

I'm going to check out Real Plans-I've never looked at it.

10 hours ago, Sally22 said:

I am also going to be starting on 22nd.  I eat pretty clean most of the day, but then I unwind in the evening with a glass of wine and some plantain chips and it goes downhill from there - and then I feel awful in the morning.  My husband won't be joining me on the plan so it's going to be hard for me to stick to this.  I'm hoping that this forum will keep me accountable.

Hi Sally!  Seems like we're in the same boat. I warned my hubby that I may be hard to live with for the next 30 days! 

Hi! 1/22 is my start date as well ... have been eating horribly (emotionally) the last 10 mos. or so, and this is a long overdue reset!  Just recently came across Whole30 and am all in - looking to make this a positive live change!

So....I have 4 kids under the age of 8 in my house right now, two are mine and two are little foster babies, so often days don't go as planned....and all the prep and planning i think I will get done, gets taken up with helping them....which I love!  Except that I did not get much prep done yesterday.  I do always keep salad and a meat and a soup in the fridge along with a homemade ranch dressing and a vinegar based dressing.  I will also add to that cut up veggies that I can use in stir fry or for dipping today.

Here are some websites and recipes I have used and really liked in the past:

I am a sauce person, so no BBQ or no mayo is a no-go for me.  This BBQ is easy to make and I actually just use it all the time now.
http://www.happywifestyle.com/blog/whole30-bbq-sauce

There are a lot of good recipes on this site, but this one is probably my favorite because it is a bit different than what I normally make. 

http://meljoulwan.com/2011/05/08/paleo-pad-thai/

JaysBakingMeCrazy is my go to site.  I have made a lot of things on here, namely her BBQ chicken casserole and potato salad and my family has loved it.  But I will likely pull a bunch of recipes off here today.

https://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/

Breakfast:  This is one of my favorites!  It is super hearty, so be careful not to make too much.  It sounds weird, but I really like it.

http://bravoforpaleo.com/2015/12/30/whole30-breakfast-bowl/

I am super ready for this!  Day one is always a piece of cake for me thought, so ask me tomorrow about 3.  Get it girls!  We have one body, one life to live to the fullest....think of all the good we are putting into our bodies versus what we can't have.

Hello. I am re-starting today. I started on Jan 2 and had a great 2 weeks until I unexpectedly had to travel to Egypt after the death of my grandmother. So I’m starting again today. I did one complete whole 30 about a year ago- it was great- and I had a few false starts since then. I’m still kind of down about my grandmother’s death and behind on things at home so I’m really in need of the support. 

Archived