Starting January 22nd

Tammzplaceofhappy

I'm glad you're husband is on board with it, as well, @ChristyJ That is so helpful in itself!  My husband is super terrific about it all. Such a trooper, but I have a sneaking feeling that he is just going to convert back to the old way of eating when the 30 days is over; actually after reintroduction. He is a by-the-books kind of guy so he will see this through, but he really wants his bread back. LOL!  I understand his viewpoint. I am on the fence about bread. The reintro will help me determine what I may or may not reincorporate back into my life. I've been so sick to my stomach for SO looooooong that I am willing to just completely cut whatever makes me ill. 

For instance, cauliflower and tomatoes. So far, those two foods have not fared well in my tummy and digestive track. I am going to give them more chances in the future, but recently my experience tells me I may have a problem with these two. And both times I had issues, they were cooked. I haven't had them raw. So, you know, it's all an experiment. 

We are going out of town this weekend for a day trip so I'm going to "picnic" it out. I'm making bbq chicken (I fell in love with that bbq sauce!!!), sweet potato salad, cucumber salad, and deviled eggs. We are taking the big chest cooler with us since we are going to go grocery shopping at the Costco in the next town - about an hour and a half away. All my boys live there now, too, so I need some quality time with them. Momma's missing them bunches. :wub:

Have a great rest of your week, Everyone! 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 24!!!  How is everyone doing?  It's been so quiet here. I'm sure you all have your other topics as well that you participate in, but I just wanted to see how everyone is doing here. 

With today being Valentine's day, there have been just a few temptations here at work. It isn't too terrible. It seems everyone in my immediate office is on some sort of healthy eating plan so we're all supporting each other. I didn't say anything about what I was doing until day 17. We had a potluck yesterday and everyone asked everyone else what they could eat and then the resulting products were 85% compliant foods for me (and them as well, I'm sure). I only ate what was allowed. The support here and at home has been amazing. I feel very blessed.

I hope everyone is experiencing newfound freedom and bounds of energy! I know I do!

Happy Valentine's Day!! :wub:

YAY!!!!!!!  Awesome, @shanajane!! I'm feeling great and very proud for sticking with it!  This time was easier than others (except for my first).  I think it was because it gave me something to focus on vs. feeling sad that both my girls were back at college (first time empty nester this year).  I'll be doing my measurements/after pics tomorrow!  

I want to hear from others from our group too!  

13 hours ago, ChristyJ said:

YAY!!!!!!!  Awesome, @shanajane!! I'm feeling great and very proud for sticking with it!  This time was easier than others (except for my first).  I think it was because it gave me something to focus on vs. feeling sad that both my girls were back at college (first time empty nester this year).  I'll be doing my measurements/after pics tomorrow!  

I want to hear from others from our group too!  

I'm a first-time empty-nester, too! The day before I started the Whole 30 is when I moved my youngest out and into a house with his brothers - in another town!! I'm glad that I had the Whole30 as a distraction! hahaha 

I did my measurements and weighing this morning. All improvements, not grand strides, but improvements. My biggest achievement is the fact that I stuck with it and I now really, really enjoy cooking. 

Yes, I hope to hear from the others as well no matter what their story may be. 

Archived