too much coconut or cashew

Dínos

I made a delicious cashew "butter" that is cashew, basil, lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil. I'm eating it on salads and vegetables. 

Then I discovered Cashew "MALK" which is 3 ingredients & tastes wonderful. 

I'm using coconut cream in my coffee every day and tea. 

Is this too much?? 

I tend to believe in moderation in all things - but the cashew thing is really working for me for replacing the cream and dairy that is typically a significant part of my diet.  Is it possible to "overdo it" with cashew or coconut? 

I know pine nuts, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds are on the caution list - those used to be staples in my diet as well. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dínos said:

I made a delicious cashew "butter" that is cashew, basil, lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil. I'm eating it on salads and vegetables. 

Then I discovered Cashew "MALK" which is 3 ingredients & tastes wonderful. 

I'm using coconut cream in my coffee every day and tea. 

Is this too much?? 

I tend to believe in moderation in all things - but the cashew thing is really working for me for replacing the cream and dairy that is typically a significant part of my diet.  Is it possible to "overdo it" with cashew or coconut? 

I know pine nuts, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds are on the caution list - those used to be staples in my diet as well. 

Coconut and cashews are different families... coconut is a drupe and cashews are nuts.  Nuts are recommended to be limited on the program partly because they're very easy to over eat and partly because they are high in Omega 6 which is already vastly over represented in our modern diets.  The general forum recommendation on how to determine the 'limit' is no more than a close handful every other day at most.  So if you're using it daily on salads and veggies and even multiple times a day, you're not breaking any rules but we would suggest cutting that down.

Part of what we want you to do is find other foods to eat, not find ways to replace cream and dairy that is typically a significant part of your diet... branch out, look for other ways to get your fat and flavor your food.

Coconut cream is fine for every day.

Archived