Starting Jan 24th!

staciemd12

Hi all! I am going to start my second Whole30 on Jan 24th, a day after I come back from a month long trip overseas where my schedule was out of whack and I didn't have many food options. I desperately need a reset and i'm so excited about it! I have tried to do a few Whole30's since my first official Whole30 but always found some reason to stop (mostly because I didn't have an accountability mechanism, or there was a holiday, etc). I am hoping posting on this forum will make me more accountable. I also wrote myself a note as a reminder of how I feel right now and how motivated I am right now. I had awesome results on my first Whole30 so that is also keeping me motivated ---and this time, I have more to gain.

Would love it if someone wants to start around the same time. I'm all about accountability buddies!

Good luck to everyone here in the midst of or starting a Whole30!

Best,

Stacie

Hi Stacie - 

My best advice (in R2 too!) is to keep posting on the forum almost every day. That way you can get support and it feels like we're all in it together! I think without this forum as a lifeline I might have caved in R1 and earlier in R2. 

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Great catching that so quickly! It took me a little longer than I'd care to admit in R1 that almond butter and fruit was actually dessert for me on W30. It was like my treat. No bueno. This W30 I cut out dried fruits too, as those were too easy to fall back on in a pinch. 

I definitely use fruit as a dessert as well, which I know is not entirely the point, so i've been trying to have them as part of my meals and not in between (ie no snacking). It's amazing how sweet it tastes when you aren't eating anything else with sugar!

Day 12, and I have not been working out as much as I would like due to the swing of things getting back into the semester (i'm a graduate student). I've been at least trying to get 10,000 steps a day on my FitBit. I do not feel like i'm making much physical progress but I think I need to make some diet swaps. For example, I eat a lot of avocado. I also eat more Lara bars then I probably should. I am trying to make my meals bigger to avoid snacking. I also consistently feel bloated. I was in India for 24 days and was constantly eating carbs, heavy foods, and things slathered in butter. I was also not very active. So, i'm hoping that the mere fact that i'm hitting 10k steps and eating better/back on a schedule will help lean me up.

NSV: Sleeping much better and no headaches!! I wake up pretty exhausted most mornings, though. Swapped my coffee for tea and approved coconut/almond milk which i'm starting to enjoy.

@Reddoerr, how are you doing?

Doing okay, thanks for asking! No problems so far except I’m really bored with the whole process. I’m doing this to support a friend who is doing it for the first time and I’m just not excited about it. I’ve read the forum and am trying new recipes and switching things up like it suggests but just feel ....blah about it. I’m sleeping great, energy is awesome, working out consistently. I just wish I felt a little more positive about it. 

It's not exactly the most fun thing in the world, especially if you're not really doing it for you.. maybe make a list of why you did decide to support your friends or things you were hoping to get out of doing it and see if you can psych yourself up about the progress you/your friend is making. It's only 30 days, even if it's a once in a lifetime thing for you. It's a big accomplishment and you can say you did it and here's what you learned (if anything). It's really awesome of you to be doing something for a friend who needs the support! Keep up the good work!

On 2/5/2018 at 10:40 AM, RandiW said:

It's not exactly the most fun thing in the world, especially if you're not really doing it for you.. maybe make a list of why you did decide to support your friends or things you were hoping to get out of doing it and see if you can psych yourself up about the progress you/your friend is making. It's only 30 days, even if it's a once in a lifetime thing for you. It's a big accomplishment and you can say you did it and here's what you learned (if anything). It's really awesome of you to be doing something for a friend who needs the support! Keep up the good work!

The first time I did it, I wanted to get back on track, but also prove to myself that I could do it. It's definitely an accomplishment! I didn't really find it particularly difficult, but I didn't follow the rules exactly to a T. For example, when going out for food (which rarely happened), I ordered something that looked Whole30-approved and went with it without asking details of what it was cooked in, etc. I also think there was once or twice where I unintentionally ate something unapproved (ie salad dressing) but didn't start over. For me, this was the best way to handle the Whole30 and not feel like I was losing out on "life" and also not become discouraged/keep me motivated. I think (and i'm probably one of the only people on here who feel this way) that you can follow the overall principles of the Whole30 but if there are some tiny discrepancies, that's ok....that's life.

Archived