exhausted

Tucker

I have purchased the Whole30 Day by Day book.  I am on day 10 I am not feeling the same level of accomplishment as I did the first time a year ago.   This time is easier, I am more focused on the results of the foods I am eating rather than just being worried if foods are compliant or not and what to cook and so forth.  I really appreciate this book as it helps me to reflect each day and track my meals and the changes in how I am feeling.  However, I find myself not being able to move beyond "I ate three solid meals today that held me over until the next meal" in the daily section "What went well today?"  I am not feeling the energy or big impacts yet.  I am not sure what to even write. 

I am on Day 18 and am more tired than I have been in ages, before or on the Whole30.  I am waking exhausted and feeling like I just want to sleep.  This is not new for me as I have always had restless sleep.  However, I feel like I am sleeping better (waking less), but waking just as tired.  I also had a headache yesterday and woke with it this morning.  I am eating plenty I think.  Here are this week's meals.  

Breakfast - (roasted potatoes and spinach hash with eggs) (sweet potato with either avocado or almonds butter) (other days were leftovers)

lunches - (Avocado chicken waldorf salad) (power salad: greens, 2 eggs, walnuts, berries, balsamic dressing)

Dinner - (chicken and cabbage) (Crab stuffed portobello mushrooms) (Almond crusted pork piccata with beets and sweet potatoes)

I drink a lot of water during the day and limit coffee to a cup or two first thing in the morning, and generally with breakfast or after. 

Thoughts?

I myself am not feeling the energy surge yet either. But I believe it's due to the amount of stress that I have had the past year and am still experiencing. I am taking strength and NSV's in the fact that the whole30 is helping me keep my head up and through the lasts bits of stress, anxiety and heartache.

Mind you, stress and the like also have a big influence on your health and energy. Are you maybe, without knowing it, experiencing some type of stress of have you been dealing with stressful situations the past year? Even events that seem joyful like moving house or changing jobs (hello dream house or job) can actually have a big impact. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tucker said:

I have purchased the Whole30 Day by Day book.  I am on day 10 I am not feeling the same level of accomplishment as I did the first time a year ago.   This time is easier, I am more focused on the results of the foods I am eating rather than just being worried if foods are compliant or not and what to cook and so forth.  I really appreciate this book as it helps me to reflect each day and track my meals and the changes in how I am feeling.  However, I find myself not being able to move beyond "I ate three solid meals today that held me over until the next meal" in the daily section "What went well today?"  I am not feeling the energy or big impacts yet.  I am not sure what to even write. 

I see this is the exact same post as you posted on Sunday.  Please don't copy paste into this forum as per forum rules.

Archived