Fibromyalgia, nausea, sweating

I am on day 8 and am hoping for relief from fibromyalgia, nausea and sweating. I would love to hear from others who have these symptoms and how Whole30 has helped. My doctor recommended this diet to help with my symptoms.

Also would love ideas for those who are post-menopausal.

I am excited for this program!

Hi GoForitGal,

Although I have not yet been diagnosed, I suffer from many of the symptoms of fibromyalgia (migraines, joint pain, TMJ, mouth ulcers, and so many more...and my mom has it). I will be starting the Whole30 tomorrow and would love to keep in touch regarding how a feel throughout.

How are you feeling at this point? I know it is early in the program, but have you noticed any changes/improvements?

Brittany

I have fibromyalgia, diganosed two years ago after undergoing a year of tests, including MRIs, blood tests, you name it. My doctor suggested I try a "fibromyalgia diet" which is incredibly similar to a Whole30, and that's how I found these lovely people.

When I am on a Whole30, and then after, eating cleanly the vast majority of the time, I have NO fibro symptoms. None. No pain, none of the nausea or other digestive upsets, and none of the night sweats I usually have when I have a real flare-up. One of the most annoying fibro symptoms to me has been that my hands shake BADLY all the time. I have a hard time putting on my makeup, cutting up fruit for my kids, and when I went to a girls' night with my friends to paint pottery, it was a nightmare. During a Whole30, that went away so completely that others noticed. It is truly amazing.

I hope very much for the same results for you. However, remember that coming from a Standard American Diet, you may not reach optimal results after only 30 days. You may need a Whole 45 or Whole60. I ate probably 90% Paleo before my first Whole30, and the Whole30 relieved me of the fibro symptoms a more relaxed Paleo diet did not.

Best of luck, and I'll be rooting for you!

I have fibromyalgia as well, diagnosed several years ago. My chiropractor suggested removing inflammatories, which I did. That led me to a high raw diet, which improved my fibro as well as leaving me with no asthma or allergy symptoms. I was on very potent asthma meds and after a few weeks I was able to stop taking everything. The raw diet wasn't something I could sustain, I felt that it wasn't the optimal diet for me to fuel my body with long term. I added eggs, fish and some meat, and some raw dairy. I didn't know it was called anything, and then I found Marks Daily Apple a couple of years ago. While my health and symptoms have steadily improved, I've never been able to sleep no matter what I did, to the point that my very holistic physician and I decided I needed to resort to prescription drugs. Tey helped me sleep but I didn't feel like my health was improving. Last summer that same physician began a whole 30 herself and encouraged me to try it as well. I did and within a week slept through the night for the first time in my adult life. My symptoms are almost non existent when I am on a whole 30. I deteriorate very rapidly when I go off the plan, as I've seen in the last couple of months. I'm sore, I can't sleep, I can't get out of bed, and I can't forget for a moment that I have fibro because I'm in that constant pain. A week of whole 30 guidelines and I'm back to functioning at a very high level and climbing huge mountains again, going all day with no barriers, my fine motor skills improve. There are some really bad triggers for me, one of them being MSG. And I really have to avoid sugar and grains like the plague. I can do a small amount of raw dairy, but I honestly think it messes with my hormones and I immediately gain weight.

I'd live to join if you are doing a thread specifically for fibro support.

Congrats on finding this and taking steps toward good health!

Melissa

I am feeling pretty good, better each day it seems. I have noticed improvement in the last 9 days. Some days were terrible. The first 5 were the hardest. My dr. recommended this diet. She said it helped her tremendously with inflammation. My sister is starting tomorrow on the diet. I take supplements and am trying to make sure they are compliant. Some of my prescription medications have to be taken no matter what ingredients they contain.

I am sleeping very well, unusual for me. I have been taking CALM, magnesium. I have taken it off and on for years and think it is great. That has helped my sleep but the diet is helping more than anything ever has.

I am often fighting other health issues. I teach kindergarten and it is all about sharing germs! Plus I have two young grandchildren who love to share germs also. The week before break we had some classes with over half of the kids gone due to H1N1. Lots of colds too. It's a constant battle.

I have GERD and feel that it has improved a lot.

I would love for those of us with fibromyalgia to continue to keep each other supported and encourage each other.

• 4 years later...

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2010. I am currently 44 years old. 

Reading this post has really given me a boost!! It has made me hopeful and more determined!! 

I'm on Day 16 and I'm really praying for that energy boost. Today was a bad day. I hurt and I felt so exhausted all day. I worked yesterday but I only work half a day. Yesterday was Amazing!! It was such a good day that I really thought I was Healed!! I just don't know what happened today other than the South just had a drastic weather change from +80° to lows this week are going to be in the 30°. Drastic weather change hurt me deep down in my bones.  

I have experienced much better days since I started. I also have trouble with sugar lows and highs..I call them sugar drops.. Reactive hypoglycemia. I have noticed that I no longer feel bad after I eat. I have had one sugar drop because I ate 2 bowls of fresh fruit and did not add a protein (won't do that again!).

I just want some energy!!

I want to start cleaning my house and not stop because I hurt so bad, I want to complete it!!!

I stopped drinking caffeine about 22 days ago. I have not had any headaches!! Whew Hew!!

I've never cooked without recipes but I have been doing it lately and everything I throw together has been good!! Except tonight. I gagged. I'm trying to make myself eat it.. doing the starving people thing to myself instead of my kids..LoL

I'm going to read more threads on Fibro and keep an open mind and a prayerful heart that food will be a huge difference to my symptoms!! Eliminating carbs has been a night and change difference for me.

My motto is:

There Is No Food That Is Worth For Me To Be In Pain.

Good luck to you all!!

Sherry

Archived