Starting over again, and again and... Night munchies.

GeeMa

I’m starting over on Day 1 today (Jan 18). I made it 2 1/2 days, started over. Made it 6 1/2 days, now starting over. Sighs.  

The days go well and by days 5 and 6  I was seeing some positives. My problem is always in the evenings. I have a long history of night / binge eating. I followed a ketogenic diet for several months and he’d no problem with that but had to go off the Keto because of digestive issues.  Now the night dragon (my version of the sugar dragon!) is back.

Any suggestions or support would be welcomed!

GeeMa

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, GeeMa said:

I’m starting over on Day 1 today (Jan 18). I made it 2 1/2 days, started over. Made it 6 1/2 days, now starting over. Sighs.  

The days go well and by days 5 and 6  I was seeing some positives. My problem is always in the evenings. I have a long history of night / binge eating. I followed a ketogenic diet for several months and he’d no problem with that but had to go off the Keto because of digestive issues.  Now the night dragon (my version of the sugar dragon!) is back.

Any suggestions or support would be welcomed!

GeeMa

Are you eating three template meals a day including fat at all meals?  As with the sugar dragon, you kinda have to go through it to get around it... there are lots of distraction techniques (I listed out a dozen or so in a previous post) that you can use but because it's night time, you're kind of lucky.. just go to bed. :)  Easier said than done I know but eat your last meal, clean up the kitchen, do whatever food prep you do for the next day and then turn the lights off in the kitchen and close it... Kitchen's closed.

This article might help too https://whole30.com/2014/04/boost-your-willpower/

I found it by googling 'whole30 distraction techniques' and got lots of forum results and a few articles :) 

Archived