Day 17 - feel hungry all the time!!

Reema

I am on day 17 of Whole 30.  Last two days, I have been feeling really hungry after 3 hours or so.  My meals have typically consisted of the following:

Breakfast - a veg and sausage filled frittata, some salsa, 1/4-1/2 avocado and 1/3 of a large sweet potato

Lunch -  chicken salad with lettuce n some more veg on side

Dinner -  fish/brisket with roasted veggies (cooked with fair amount of olive oil)

I might have a late afternoon snack of pepperoni n avocado or some olives or an EPIC bar or some raisins and mixed nuts

I feel my meals are fairly large, so I am not sure I should increase them more.  

Yesterday, I got so hungry at lunch, I had ground meatsauce, a plantain and a cucumber n tomatoes salad, followed by an RX bar.  That held me for 4 hours or so

I really do want to lose weight on this program and while I feel generally leaner. The hunger seems real, but should I add a snack or increase meals some more? Help !

Thanks much

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Reema said:

I am on day 17 of Whole 30.  Last two days, I have been feeling really hungry after 3 hours or so.  My meals have typically consisted of the following:

Breakfast - a veg and sausage filled frittata, some salsa, 1/4-1/2 avocado and 1/3 of a large sweet potato

Lunch -  chicken salad with lettuce n some more veg on side

Dinner -  fish/brisket with roasted veggies (cooked with fair amount of olive oil)

I might have a late afternoon snack of pepperoni n avocado or some olives or an EPIC bar or some raisins and mixed nuts

I feel my meals are fairly large, so I am not sure I should increase them more.  

Yesterday, I got so hungry at lunch, I had ground meatsauce, a plantain and a cucumber n tomatoes salad, followed by an RX bar.  That held me for 4 hours or so

I really do want to lose weight on this program and while I feel generally leaner. The hunger seems real, but should I add a snack or increase meals some more? Help !

Thanks much

If you are legitimately hungry (you could eat steamed fish and broccoli happily), then you should be increasing your meals... maybe start with adding extra fat and see if that gets you a bit further... don't count cooking oil and instead use the oil and then add a plated fat like olives, avocado, mayo etc... 

The lunch you list yesterday has no fat at all and cucumber and tomato are basically water so definitely bulk up your meals and while you're getting there, leave the nuts/dried fruit and have protein and fat for your mini meal instead.

Archived