Claudia Bauder

Hello everyone, I need some help here. I have arthritis and am in a lot of pain. This is not working for me, yet. I have cut out dairy and grains, which I managed in a 10 day wind down. I did not eat poorly before, really, but had a real challenge also reducing the sugar. After TWO days of following the meal plan, my hands, feet and face were red, totally red. The problem: I am chronically ill with an autoimmune disease, various types of rheumatism. I was diagnosed in 2004 and have treated it well through dietary regulation and exercise. I don't eat much acidic food, no pork, little red meat, little nightshades and slaw. But these were on the menu the first two days in large amounts: 3 eggs for breakfast (instead on one, that I usually have), ground meat, squash, bell peppers, slaw, potatoes, tomatoes. After eating very much of these for three days, I am in a lot of pain and back on Ibuprofen, against pain and inflammation. Not good. I am trying to continue, somehow, and am trying to read about autoimmune with Whole30. Not easy... Any advice?

• Moderators

Sorry you're not feeling well.  Unfortunately sometimes conditions can get worse before they get better.  That said, you can eat fish, poultry, shellfish etc... instead of pork and red meat and there are lots of veggies that aren't nightshades, so you can tailor the program to better suit what you already know doesn't work for you.

If you google 'whole30 autoimmune protocol' you'll find lots of threads and discussion around this. Here's the AutoImmune Protocol (AIP) grocery list that might help

https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-shopping-list-AIP.pdf

Archived