whole30 freedom - Mike and Rochelle's Journey

rochellebrown

Hello fellow whole30 friends,

My husband and I had decided enough is enough and we are now ready to end the yo yo diet, out of control relationship with food and body image. We are starting the first 30 days together but after 30 days we will individually reintroduce food specific to our own health needs. We spent a few hours on the couch yesterday morning having a heart to heart about the struggles we are facing in our marriage, and overall health (body, mind, spirit.) We spent about an hour researching diets, fasts, MLM shake companies etc... until I remembered whole30. After a few minutes researching the program, we were hooked. I asked Mike, so do you want to start in February? He said no, let's do it now. Ok! So here we are. Over the past 6 years, we have spent countless time, and energy paying off debt and saving, all while our health fell off the rails. We are ready for a real change, a real breakthrough with our health and food freedom.

My husband Mike travels on average 1-2 weeks a month for business. He drives about 99% of the time, so it's extremely difficult to make healthy food choices while on the road. Plus sitting several hours takes a huge toll on your back, neck etc. He works in a physical demanding industry that requires 10-14 work days. His desire is to gain more energy, reduce inflammation in gut, and joints... and overall feel better about himself and his health.

I have battled depression, and hyper manic mood swing for a long time. I have irregular periods, acne, eczema, low energy, sciatic pain, inflamed gut/irregular bowel movements, and insomnia. We are both heavily overweight and ready for a change... I know this is not about the number on the scale, but a positive benefit from the changes we are making with food. I am looking forward to no scale success soon!

Does anyone have tips for those who are truck drivers on the road?  

I don't have any trucker tips, but there is a Paleo podcast where one of the women on it is a trucker and I remember them talking about it some during the two Whole30 episodes I found. It's called Paleo Pep Talk, and one W30 episode is from Jan 1, 2017 and the other I listened to was from Oct 1, 2017. 

Also found this post, which may be helpful

4 minutes ago, Shalla said:

I don't have any trucker tips, but there is a Paleo podcast where one of the women on it is a trucker and I remember them talking about it some during the two Whole30 episodes I found. It's called Paleo Pep Talk, and one W30 episode is from Jan 1, 2017 and the other I listened to was from Oct 1, 2017. 

Also found this post, which may be helpful

Thank you so much Shalla for your post and resource. I will defiantly check it out and share with my husband.

Archived