After Whole30 Substitutes...

Hi there! I have finished my whole30 and my reintroduction went well. I was wondering for the future, if anyone has any knowledge on wether or not maple syrup, honey or anything else you know of is the better substitute for those occasional baking needs? For birthday's etc., I'd like to be able to make "healthier" options for me the people around me. 

I thought maybe making a date paste? But, I'm not sure how to use it yet. 

@CarmenAlexandria In terms of healthiness, I would think that honey, maple syrup, and date paste aren't so much different that it matters greatly which you use. You're going to eat a sweet thing for a birthday, so it should taste good, right? A sad or weird approximation of a dessert is probably not worth it. I think you should use the kind of sweetener that makes the most sense with the item you want to eat.

The best date paste thing I ever had was a slice of like a giant peanut butter cup pie-- date and walnut crust, nut butter filling (I think it was almond and cashew) and super dark chocolate ganache on top (cocoa and coconut milk). Dates were the only sweetener, which was plenty for my post-Whole-30 palate.

Archived