Whole30 drink for endurance athlete

Norrene

Hello, Whole30 warriors!

Question - I am in need of suggests for an energy drink to drink during my 4-plus endurance training rides (bicycle). 

All, standard energy drinks, sold in bicycle shops or specialty stores all have sugar in them. I can drink water and eat Larabars for rides under 3, but after that, I fall apart or "bonk."

Anyone know a Whole30 compliant drink? Hammer Nutrition is pretty close, but there is still small amounts of Stevia in their product.

Cheers

Norrene

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Norrene said:

Hello, Whole30 warriors!

Question - I am in need of suggests for an energy drink to drink during my 4-plus endurance training rides (bicycle). 

All, standard energy drinks, sold in bicycle shops or specialty stores all have sugar in them. I can drink water and eat Larabars for rides under 3, but after that, I fall apart or "bonk."

Anyone know a Whole30 compliant drink? Hammer Nutrition is pretty close, but there is still small amounts of Stevia in their product.

Cheers

Norrene

Did you look through this forum and see what other people do?  There are loads of endurance athletes that have done or are doing the program.  Google 'whole30 hydration endurance athlete' or other such terms and you should get results from the forum.  It is unlikely other than coconut water that you'll find something that's compliant.

Archived