Rachel's Whole30 log- first timer 1-21-18 thru 2-19-18

RachelR

Man!  I have missed a number of days of posting here.  

Good news is that I'm still on track and did not fall off the wagon! :)

I'm not going to run through a play by play of each days meals (Thursday thru today, Monday) as they were mostly left overs.  But, I did try a new recipe of taco stuffed peppers.  I used a Pinterest recipe as inspiration and added or took away to meet my needs (as well as the rules of Whole30).  

I'm still feeling tired- no tiger blood yet (bummed) but maybe I'll find out more answers when I go to the MD on Wednesday (yup--- I actually followed through and made an appointment to see someone to follow up on my health screening results/blood test).  

I bought a bunch of new veggies to roast all at once (Brussel sprouts- never tired but always have said I don't like them; eggplant, zucchini,) as well as tried and true veggies (carrots, peppers, etc).  I also picked a couple recipes from the Whole30 Fast and Easy cookbook to try this week (North African chicken with sweet potato noodles, and the cajun chicken).  

Other big things I missed posting is I'm over Two Thirds of the way done with the Whole30!  Not sure yet what my plan for reintroduction will be.  May try the slow route and just keep on with the plan.  My birthday is coming up- so may have to have something special (but honestly- right now I'm not even sure what food I'd want to break the rules for).  So, I'll just focus on getting through the next 8 days as this wrapped up day 22!

I missed a bunch of days again.  But, I made it to day 30!!!!!

I've decided to do another 30 days as I still am longing for some junk food although I'm doing really great when faced with temptations (hello valentine's cupcakes at the office this past week).  I also never got the tiger blood, etc.  I'm thinking it's because my eating habits were pretty bad for a long time before I started this.  It also could have something to do with Vitamin D deficiency (which my doctor prescribed me medication for since it was so low).   I was not a fan of the roasted veggies dish I made.  Perhaps it was the seasoning?  I'll try again but this coming week's recipes is pretty much sticking to what I know I like.  I'm going to add a salad with my breakfast (spinach with fruit and a balsamic vinaigrette or raspberry walnut dressing (have to find that recipe again).  Since I haven't been getting much veggies with my breakfast.  

Also, with the next 30 days, I'm going to also add in exercise.  Probably mostly walking.  I've got my fit bit charged up and want to focus on getting 10,000 steps each day.  Since, my job is very sedentary, this will involve hopping on the treadmill at night.  I had been hoping to feel that tiger blood and have the energy to want to exercise but that never hit.  So, I'll have to commit and force myself initially.  

Archived