Frustrated

gretamarie12

I am on day 19 of this. I am not feeling like I have lost any weight, I am still fatigued with definite spots of memory fatigue and headaches. I was not a big processed food eater to begin with. I am 55, and looking to get my self kick started to being back at a healthy weight(need to lose 15 lbs or so). I have not weighed myself but dont feel like I have lost anything. The only thing I notice is my complexion looks better. Is it possible to eat too much fruit? This is the only thing I feel I am doing too much of. I also maybe not drinkign as much water as I should be, but honestly my day is just water and black coffee(maybe 3 cups of that a day), so not sure how I cant be. I am still walking my 10000 steps a day and doing pilates once a week. Any suggestions on how to make my next 11 days better for weight loss and for feeling good?

thanks

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gretamarie12 said:

I am on day 19 of this. I am not feeling like I have lost any weight, I am still fatigued with definite spots of memory fatigue and headaches. I was not a big processed food eater to begin with. I am 55, and looking to get my self kick started to being back at a healthy weight(need to lose 15 lbs or so). I have not weighed myself but dont feel like I have lost anything. The only thing I notice is my complexion looks better. Is it possible to eat too much fruit? This is the only thing I feel I am doing too much of. I also maybe not drinkign as much water as I should be, but honestly my day is just water and black coffee(maybe 3 cups of that a day), so not sure how I cant be. I am still walking my 10000 steps a day and doing pilates once a week. Any suggestions on how to make my next 11 days better for weight loss and for feeling good?

thanks

Hey there - we don't give advice on how to hack the Whole30 for weightloss as it's not a weightloss diet.  This is an elimination protocol meant to eliminate gut disruptive foods and the add them back in an intentional manner to determine personal sensitivity.  Yes, some people lose weight on this program from removing processed, packaged and highly addictive foods but that's not the main intent.  

Yes it's possible to eat too much fruit - the recommendation is 0-2 fist sized servings a day eaten with meals only, not as a snack  on their own.  

If you would like us to give you feedback on your meals to see if we can catch anything that might help you feel better, then feel free to reply with a few days of your meals including portion sizes, meal timing, specific veggies, fruit, fat and protein.

Also remember, the older we get, the less speedily our bodies adjust and react to new and different eating patterns so it's a little premature to expect wholesale resuts in 19 days (even tho I know sometimes it feels like you've been doing this foreeeever ;) )

thanks....for the reply. My basic days have been hard boiled egg, banana, 2 cuties(clementines)  for breakfast. Lunch is spinach leaves, chicken breast,blueberries, approved paleo dressing, snack of some more cuties. Dinner veggie noodles and some beef or chicken or eggs stir fried with it (in extra virgin olive oil). Snack of some frozen fruit , maybe a cup or a cup and a half.Currently on day 24. Starting to break out(weird or toxins leaving me?). Yes I am 55, so maybe its slow going. I plan to switch over to weight watchers after the 30 days are over. I am really interested in losing weight, so understand this is not the path for me(unfortunately(for me not her) my friend who suggested this lost 20 lbs on it, so it was suggested to me as a weight loss routine!) 

I also think I will see a DR about my digestive issues, this has not seemed to help any of that!

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, gretamarie12 said:

thanks....for the reply. My basic days have been hard boiled egg, banana, 2 cuties(clementines)  for breakfast. Lunch is spinach leaves, chicken breast,blueberries, approved paleo dressing, snack of some more cuties. Dinner veggie noodles and some beef or chicken or eggs stir fried with it (in extra virgin olive oil). Snack of some frozen fruit , maybe a cup or a cup and a half.Currently on day 24. Starting to break out(weird or toxins leaving me?). Yes I am 55, so maybe its slow going. I plan to switch over to weight watchers after the 30 days are over. I am really interested in losing weight, so understand this is not the path for me(unfortunately(for me not her) my friend who suggested this lost 20 lbs on it, so it was suggested to me as a weight loss routine!) 

I also think I will see a DR about my digestive issues, this has not seemed to help any of that!

So in one day you eat an egg, around 8= servings of fruit, some chicken beef or eggs and some dressing.  If this is what you've been eating every day, it is no wonder you're feeling terrible.

Your body will release weight when it feels comfortable that you're feeding it sufficient food on a consistent basis and I would guess that your body is worried about famine and not going to release any weight.

Have you seen the template?  Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... that's 3-4 for most people.

Fruit is meant to be eaten with a meal (like on a salad or a small spoon of apple sauce with porkchops etc) and not on it's own as a snack.  The recommendation is 0-2 servings of fruit, not 8 or more.  Your lack of energy is also directly related to the fact that you've been woefully undereating.

Archived