Dizzy and feeling like I may pass out

I am on day 21, first whole 30 to last this long. After lunch today I began to feel extremely dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. I was shaking and my hands felt clammy. I started to think my sugars were maybe dropping. so I started to eat some fruit and drinking water. It wasn't getting any better so I had so deli meat (turkey) an applesauce and some almonds. At this point I was freaking out because I had this weird awful feeling. I told my boyfriend that I was about to eat something that was not compliant (he is my accountability partner) and he told me to lay down and wait a couple minutes to see if anything would change. It didn't and I was nervously looking through old forums someone said they drank a Gatorade and felt better so I did the same because I was desperate. I was feeling better but still very dizzy, so I text my Type 1 diabetic friend to see what she does and she suggested peanut butter crackers. After a couple I felt so much better. I realize this is a long story, but now I am lost on what to do. I made it 21 days!!!! I feel guilty and ashamed that I caved in. Should I continue whole 30 tomorrow? I really don't want to start over completely... Did anyone else ever experience this awful feeling? If so, what whole 30 compliant ways did you fix it?

• Administrators

This is not a normal result of eating protein, fat and veggies, you should consider seeing a doctor. We cannot dispense medical advise and not knowing what the precise problem was, would be ill advised to try and give you advice.

Archived