first whole 30...starting june 1st!! who wants to join?

Francesca24

so, i've decided to start my whole30 on june 1st. i like the idea that june has 30 days so i just have to stick to it for the month. :) although, ideally, i'm hoping what i will have learned through it, will last longer.

i've been researching and reading and trying to get my recipes all together. that's what will be the hardest for me. i really don't like to cook, but i'm going to commit to doing it. i've already found some easy, and delicious recipes. i downloaded the well food cookbook to my kindle, but if anyone has suggestions for any other easy recipes, please let me know. thanks!

Sure, I'm in. I'm already eating almost 100% Whole30 as it is now, but I'll commit to posting daily as part of doing it as a group effort. That, and cleaning up the little bit of slacking that goes on (as in, paleo desserts ;-) Are you completely new to paleo eating, or just cleaning up your diet a bit?

In my house, most meals are literally broiled, grilled, or skillet meat (like hamburger or salmon) with a side of cooked or raw veggies (I'm found of broiling veggies coated in coconut oil with some spices) and some fruit. There are countless combinations you can come up with and it's fast. The other thing I do is ground beef, some cut up veggies and some spice mixture on top of acorn squash or sweet potato. That's a 10 minute meal, if you prepare the acorn squash in advance. Well Fed is great because there are a bunch of spice combinations listed you can try with a quick skillet stir fry. Oh, and I'm also a huge fan of keeping hard boiled eggs on hand and a can of clean tuna on my person at all times when I'm out. That has saved me more than once!

Soooo... walk of shame. My Day 1 turned into Day 0 yesterday when instead of going to GoG, I went to Cocktails on the Skyline and drank wayyy too much wine, which is any wine at all while Whole30ing. I realized this morning that I didn't really give myself enough time to prepare. I still have sugary bacon and powerade zero in my fridge. I'm going to try to use up the items I have and start with you on the 1st. I'm still committed, but I need time to prepare my kitchen. In the meantime, I'll eat as whole30 as possible, minus the few things I have.

Did you go to GoG?

I started Day 1 yesterday! So we will be close and I will be there to support you. This is my second Whole 30 and I am psyched!!!!! Feel better already....The first 4 days are tough will low energy and detox symptoms. I have off for the Memorial Day weekend so this is great for me to get the detox symptoms out by running and resting and shopping for whole, organic foods. When I am working, it's impossible to start the Whole 30 first few days.... I am too irritable and I am a HS nurse and can ill afford to be irritable with my students....So come along with me. We can do this together!!!!!

It might be good if we all form a log together, that way we can help sort of keep each other accountable. Was that the original idea?

Donna - I was thinking of just making mine a Whole35 (or 36?) and starting it today, but doing it through the end of June.

do it! I find I must start on Fridays....because inevitably I am most cranky day one and two and prefer that to be a weekend with less stress and more focus on shopping and changing habits. When I am at work, I am distracted and need to eat more frequently the first week to stave off carb cravings....you can start any time....I am on day 3 today and when I return to work on Wednesday the worst of the detox will be over! Good luck...

Well, I'm starting today, but close enough to follow with you too.

Pack more snacks than you'll think you'll need. Sugar snaps can be eaten raw, and you can batch-roast nuts in your favourite spice combo.

We'll see if I follow my own advice!

I started my first Whole 30 yesterday. I'm definitely struggling. I go between wanting to eat a bowl of corn pops (yep, those) and a bag of salty chips. I am not a huge meat/ egg eater, but am trying to refocus my mind. My little bro and his gf have done 2 whole 30's. Both of them of curious cooks, I am not. (Check out wholefoodshalfass for inspiration)

Need snack ideas. Can't imagine (yet, anyway) eating any more meat...

how about cashews? or nuts of some kind? How about whipping up some coconut milk whipped cream and toasting some coconut and putting it over fresh bluberries or strawberries with slivered almonds? Beef Jerkey? Nuke a sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon....apples with almond butter? Pineapple cubed? check out The Clothes Makes the Girl website....she has some great ideas. You can make french fries out of carrots or sweet potatoes by tossing them in olive oil and baking them in high oven.....

I will do it with you! I have been Primal since January and have stalled at losing 20 pounds. Seems like a great time to reign things in (mainly nuts and wine). Ok really the wine! I am also intigued with trying Intermittent fasting. Does anyone do IF while doing the Whole 30?

I'm in. I lost 35 pounds in the last year following a paleo/low carb diet. Then in the last couple of months I have gained almost 15 pounds back. I let my emotions get the best of me and I started eating all the foods I missed. Now I feel miserable and I'm ready for a change. I remembered this site and came back to see if I was willing to accept the challenge. Welp, June 1st here I come. Let's do this!

wow! it looks like we have a good group of people, either already started or ready to start. i'm still planning to start tomorrow. i'm a little nervous. i've done paleo before but not strict, so i've eaten a few (maybe, alot) of things this week that i knew i wouldn't be able to have starting tomorrow. the last time we did a challenge at my box, i really had a hard time adjusting the first few days and ate lots of doritos and other junk that i don't even normally eat. so this time, i thought if i ate a few things prior to starting, that maybe starting would be easier...i hope so anyway. i'm really committed to it this time though, and am looking forward to getting started tomorrow!!

I'm in :D so excited. I have completed a whole 18 before when I got stuck at work for 4 days during a snow/ice storm:( Only challenges will be I will have to be on top of planning because I recently moved (life is sooo hectic when you move). Guess I will start by putting a roast in the crock pot:D

I'm starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow!! I love that June has 30 days and I am SO READY!! I started the Paleo lifestyle on January 9th and haven't looked back! I love it! After losing 40# ,my weightloss has stalled out and I still have 40# to go. Hoping that cleaning up my eating will get me back on track. Also committing to a more consistant workout routine. By July I should be a new woman!

My main challenge is going to be work~ I'm a BAKER!! Luckily, there are plenty of people around that are willing to taste test. My plan is to keep my water close by and my mouth CLOSED!

My husband and I just finished our first Whole 30 Challenge yesterday. I lost 20.5 and he lost 15 lbs. We are feeling awesome and will never go back to the way we ate before we started this. Even my kids have joined in and love it! Good luck!!!

Archived