Apple pumpkin breakfast bake

PhoenixH

I saw a recipe that claims to be Whole 30 compliant, but I'm not sure.  The ingredients are pumpkin puree, eggs, full fat coconut milk, banana, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, apple and pecans.  All the ingredients seem fine to me, and it's meant to be eaten at breakfast, like a quiche.  But there's that whole thing about no desserts, and this is baked, so I'm not sure if this is compliant or not.  I'm only just starting out (today is Day One), so I don't want to sabotage myself already.  I'll post the recipe here.  

PUMPKIN APPLE BREAKFAST BAKE (PALEO, WHOLE30)

PREP TIME10 MINUTES

COOK TIME40 MINUTES

TOTAL TIME50 MINUTES

SERVINGS9

AUTHORAMY

4.55 from 11 votes

PRINT

INGREDIENTS

1 cup pumpkin puree

3 large eggs

2/3 cup full fat coconut milk

1 large ripe banana mashed

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp cinnamon divided

1/4 tsp salt

1 large apple peeled and diced (I use pink lady)

3/4 cup chopped pecans

Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 square pan with coconut oil or spray, set aside.

In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, banana, eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt. Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, beat the ingredients together.

In a separate bowl, sprinkle remaining cinnamon on the diced apple and coat the apples. Now mix into the wet ingredients. Pour into square pan.

Sprinkle the pecans along the top of the dish, and place in the oven.

Bake for 35-40 minutes (depending on oven). You will want the top to be mostly firm and golden on the top.

Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. You can also chill and store in the fridge for up to a week. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature!

• Moderators

This type of 'fauxmeal' or similar sweet breakfasty thing is strongly discouraged.  It's a high load of fruit in the morning, it doesn't help change the way you think about food and it won't help you get your hormones balanced if the reason you (or anyone) wants to eat it is because the thought of savory food in the morning grosses them out.

Steer clear and go for a template breakfast of protein, veggies and healthy fat!

Archived