Fruit with Meals

Bermuda

Good afternoon,

Today is my first day on the program (I attempted a start yesterday but by this time yesterday I had a piece of cheese and a glass of wine (!) so today is Day One. I have been on and off of Keto plans (without much success) so have gotten away from eating fruit regularly- and I LOVE fruit. So I am excited to reintroduce it into my diet, but am aware of its high sugar content so am wondering what is the best way to incorporate it and how much should I be having daily. For instance, would it be ok to have a chicken breast and spinach dinner followed by almond butter and half a banana? Some guidance on incorporating fruit and amounts would be helpful.

Thanks!

Day one from Bermuda

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Bermuda said:

Good afternoon,

Today is my first day on the program (I attempted a start yesterday but by this time yesterday I had a piece of cheese and a glass of wine (!) so today is Day One. I have been on and off of Keto plans (without much success) so have gotten away from eating fruit regularly- and I LOVE fruit. So I am excited to reintroduce it into my diet, but am aware of its high sugar content so am wondering what is the best way to incorporate it and how much should I be having daily. For instance, would it be ok to have a chicken breast and spinach dinner followed by almond butter and half a banana? Some guidance on incorporating fruit and amounts would be helpful.

Thanks!

Day one from Bermuda

The recommendation is 0-2 fist sized servings a day eaten with meals but not as a dessert the way you're describing it... also nuts and nut butters are meant to be limited so you wouldn't want to be eating that every day.

1 hour ago, Bermuda said:

Good afternoon,

Thanks!

Day one from Bermuda

You could make a chicken salad and add grapes or half an apple! Or make a spinach salad with steak, veggies, strawberries and a balsamic vinaigrette.

@Bermuda I've discovered my favorite thing now is seared pear slices on top of a salad that has radicchio or frisee in it. I also did peaches (frozen) that I just sauteed really hot for a couple minutes until some browning happened, and put that on a salad with spinach, etc. I've used the same dressing I always make, which is just olive oil, infused vinegar, and a spoonful of mustard, salt & pepper. Really good!

I also sometimes put apple slices down in a hot skillet and then pour my scrambled eggs into it so they're in my 'omelette.' I eat that with bacon or some crisped prosciutto on top of greens.

Archived