Day 8: Having a tonnnn of stomach issues

megearin

Hi There,

I am on Day 8 and have been sliding through with out much issue until Day 6 or 7. I had energy, I wasn't having crazy cravings. However now I'm having building stomach pain and issues. My stomach has been really hurting (like sharp pains) and I am definitely having some weird bowl movements - kind of like what others describe when your body isn't consuming the fat.

I have some existing issues with mild to moderate IBS but this is way different/worse. I'm seeing some oil/floating in the bowl movements, urgent need to go and again a lot of stomach pains. If this doesn't stop I don't know how much longer I can force myself into eating this way. 

I also am feel so sick of meat and animal fat...it's really grossing me out which is weird because I'm very much a carnivore normally. 

What I'm eating:

Breakfasts

• Chia pudding with blueberries and coconut milk 
  • Egg, two pieces bacon, cauli rice
  • Avocado pesto, zoodles, egg

Lunches

• Waldorf Salad with Avocado Mayo and Lettuce Cup 
  • Chipotle Salad 
  • Paleo Tandori Chicken, squash, spinach, sweet potato 

Dinner

• Lettuce wrap burgers
  • Steak with a pepper relish and watercress side salad
  • Paleo options on Sunbasket
  • Taco meats with onion and pineapple on lettuce wrap, side salad with olive oil/vinegar

Snacks/Beverages

• Sparkling water (always have consumed a lot)
  • Nut milk latte or bullet proof coffee (occasional) 
  • RX Bars
  • Paleo Jerkey
  • Apple with cashew or walnut butter
  • Pate 
  • Frozen Grapes
  • Berries in Coconut Milk, Shredded Coconut

A couple of notes: I am taking the calm drink and trying probiotics, trying to drink more water, did tea last night, I know I'm eating a fair amounts of nuts and cauliflower and those are irritants so I've laid of those some but that hasn't helped. I am feeling very much like my body needs some kind of non gluten grain to process all the fat. 

Please help!!! 

• Administrators

For someone w/ existing issues with IBS, I would suggest immediately removing all nut and seed products including chia, coconut, nut milks, RX bars (contain nuts). 

You also should be trying to make your meals last you 4-5 hours thus negating the need for this long list of snacks. Fruit on its own is not recommended. If you want fruit, incorporate it into your meal (like you did with the tacos).

None of that really applies to your actual issue though. It's hard to say specifically what could be causing you the trouble. How long has it been since you eliminated the nuts? In my experience it can take a few days for the digestion to settle down.

Archived