Trying to conceive

tbm

I am on Day Two of my Whole 30 today. I've never done a complete Whole 30, but I have done it for two weeks at a time here and there and definitely liked how I felt.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about six months and I thought this might be a good way to clean out my system. I looked at past topics and didn't see any recent topics about fertility. Just checking in here to see if anyone else is doing Whole 30 while trying to conceive or if anyone has had recent luck from doing it. Could use some encouragement! 

I did one round of letrozole last cycle and will start my second round next week. So far, the Whole 30 has been OK, but I have been super hungry today. Looking back at some other posts leads me to believe I'm not eating enough.

Meal 1: two soft boiled eggs, handful of wilted spinach, 1/2 baked sweet potato with ghee, black tea

Meal 2: two compliant chicken sausage links, with one onion and 1/2 bell pepper sauteed in coconut oil. STARVING this afternoon and had several pieces of fruit leather which I know is not good, but it's all I had here at my office. I guess I need to be more prepared for the office.

• Administrators

Eat more food. Eat to support what you're trying to achieve. The body doesn't conceive in times of famine or stress so you need to make sure you are eating enough. Bump those meals up. If you have to snack between meals, prioritize protein and fat - try to stay away from fruits on their own. (and check that fruit leather for added sweetener which would render it non-compliant).

• 2 weeks later...

I am also doing the Whole30 because my husband and I have been TTC since June.  We ran some blood work and found that I have low progesterone and am currently treating for that, but also wanting to get my hormones in check with diet.  I'm trying to make sure that I add plenty of healthy fats, anything else I should make sure to get enough of?

I’m starting the next Wednesday for Lent and have been trying to TTC since September, although I got Lasik at the end of December and had to take a 3 month break. I can start trying again at the end of March which will be at the end of my first Whole30. Hoping to be as healthy as possible since it would be my first pregnancy. Good luck ladies. 

I'll join too! My husband and I are NTNP (not trying, not preventing) baby 4 right now... I don't really know my cycles or when/if I'm ovulating yet... my first postpartum cycle was just 2 months ago so I know things can stay wacky for a bit. My kids are 6, 3, and 17 months.

Best of luck to you! I have read so many whole30 conception stories that it's very promising. I just finished my whole30 on January 30 and I think I'll start another one within the next week, not totally sure of timing yet. But Lent sounds like a great opportunity, so I might do that!

Hi KTH! I’m using today to meal plan and prep as much as possible for the week. I think Lent is technically 46 days from Ash Wednesday to Easter so it includes the reintro to, which makes me happy.

I feel like I’m kinda in the same boat as you and Strong, I get Vestibular migraines around ovulation and my period from my hormones and I also don’t really know what my period is like since I have been on birth control for 15 years before TTC. So hoping this helps sort some things in my body out. 

I can't articulate how great it is to have support in this arena. I have been not feeling this whole30 at ALL. I'm only on day 2 (on day 1, feb 14, I had 2 non-compliant things - gum and melatonin with stevia, without even freaking thinking! - so I had to start another day 1 yesterday) and I am just so uninspired. Part of the issue is the incessant freezing gray drizzle (I live in the PNW), which always tanks my mood...

Anyway. How is everyone feeling?

Hi KTH! I’m in same boat as you, mood wise. I live in the Ohio River Valley and the weather never knows what it wants to do, it was 74 yesterday and 44 and rainy today. Plus I didn’t sleep last night. I’m actually happy to be doing the Whole30, this week has been super stressful and it’s keeping me accountable; if not I’d be ankle deep in a bottle of bourbon right about now. 

I just got a really good book, Call Me By Your Name, the film is nominated for a ton of awards and that’s helping. 

• 2 weeks later...

I fell off the Whole30 wagon AGAIN. I got back on today. It was my stepdaughter's birthday, then mine, then my brother came to visit and I can list all sorts of other excuses. But I feel like crap and I am ready to get this going again. I just started my third round of Femara and I am getting acupuncture for the first time today. A friend of mine did it and conceived relatively quickly after. Feeling really frustrated and a little depressed. I didn't think it would take so long to conceive. Hoping the acupuncture, Whole 30 and Pilates classes I've started taking will all get things in order. I live in Maine where winter lasts forever, so I am in the same boat! 

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling down, but I think it’s great you’re jumping right back on there. Owning it is half the battle, right? I’m not sure what Femara is but I hope that all of that works. 

I’ve been doing pretty good so far, but I’m nervous bc I have to go out of town last minute and it’s a 10 hour drive. I’m gonna try and prep as much as possible Wednesday. Still no knew news on my baby front, but I’m supposed to start soon, but also haven’t been getting PMS symptoms lately, so I don’t like to get my hopes up. 

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies! I've been TTC a while now myself and hoping Whole30 can help. I started my 3rd in the beginning of January but then my Dad had a stroke and I comforted myself with wine. Then totally got off track in March and my temps were all over the place last month. (I wonder if how I eat is related to my BBT - I suspect it is) I was also getting REALLY stressed. I'm worried my hormones are really out of whack. So I've ordered an AVA bracelet, started going to yoga regularly, and am planning to start a fresh round of Whole 30. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Hi all! I have 2 kids, but we've been ttc #3 for 6 years. In January I drastically decreased my dairy, and started eating more veggies. I found out I was pregnant in March (first positive test in 6 years), but miscarried. I discovered Whole30 yesterday, and started today. I have about 60lbs to lose so I'm excited to get healthy and hopefully get pregnant along the way!

Tiffany, hello! I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but the BFP is very exciting. How old are your older 2? How long did it take to conceive them? I really hope this is the answer for you. I am starting a whole30 on Monday for the same reason (well, and the fact that it makes me feel freaking fantastic, too).

The biggest thing I can emphasize is to maximize FAT. I can't believe how great I feel when I really focus on getting good fat, and lots of it. Ghee and homemade mayo are my favorites.

Best of luck to everyone here. I'll be checking in frequently. My husband and I are still casually not preventing, but I am hoping it happens sooner rather than later, and I'm really hoping the whole30 helps us all. I'm also considering extending this whole30, because in the past I've fallen off the wagon completely within days of finishing my whole30, despite my best reintroduction intentions...

Again, best of luck to you all.

• 1 month later...

Hi ladies, 

I'm TTC our first and on day #3 of W30. I'm 35 and we've been trying since November. I had my hormone levels checked in February and things were a bit off. I've since cut out gluten and am now doing W30 to help cut out the other no-no's like sugar, alcohol and soy. In May, my doctor put me on progesterone, but I had a horrible breakout of acne/hives on my chest/shoulders from it and haven't taken it since. Hoping these changes in my diet are the winning ticket!

• 1 month later...

Archived