anon922204

Hi all-

I'm currently on Day 23 and have been feeling great until today. I was not very hungry this morning, but forced myself to have a simple breakfast (eggs, bacon, strawberries). About an hour later I grabbed an apple because I was both hungry and not hungry at the same time, but have usually had apples in the past when I've got some nausea and they've helped.

After that my appetite and energy took a nose dive. I laid in bed for 3 hours and couldn't imagine another piece of food. My boyfriend suggested grabbing me a cold pressed juice that has worked in the past for my tummy issues (which are very frequent). After drinking most of it, I took a shower and within 15 minutes ended up throwing up everything I ate today (even the breakfast from 8+ hours ago... they were still solid food items). 

Currently drinking fresh ginger with a little lemon and took out some veggie broth soup I had in the freezer. My boyfriend and family are suggesting I also dose up on some medicine (specifically peptobismal). I want to stay on track, cuz i've been feeling great and have been looking forward to a slow re-introduction period, but I am also a professor and may have to teach 3 classes tomorrow. Any suggestions on if this is okay or not and if it's okay, are there preferred kinds (i.e. liquid/non-cherry over tablets). I saw tums was not approved, but then saw a peptobismal post where it seemed kinda iffy.

Thanks!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, anon922204 said:

Hi all-

I'm currently on Day 23 and have been feeling great until today. I was not very hungry this morning, but forced myself to have a simple breakfast (eggs, bacon, strawberries). About an hour later I grabbed an apple because I was both hungry and not hungry at the same time, but have usually had apples in the past when I've got some nausea and they've helped.

After that my appetite and energy took a nose dive. I laid in bed for 3 hours and couldn't imagine another piece of food. My boyfriend suggested grabbing me a cold pressed juice that has worked in the past for my tummy issues (which are very frequent). After drinking most of it, I took a shower and within 15 minutes ended up throwing up everything I ate today (even the breakfast from 8+ hours ago... they were still solid food items). 

Currently drinking fresh ginger with a little lemon and took out some veggie broth soup I had in the freezer. My boyfriend and family are suggesting I also dose up on some medicine (specifically peptobismal). I want to stay on track, cuz i've been feeling great and have been looking forward to a slow re-introduction period, but I am also a professor and may have to teach 3 classes tomorrow. Any suggestions on if this is okay or not and if it's okay, are there preferred kinds (i.e. liquid/non-cherry over tablets). I saw tums was not approved, but then saw a peptobismal post where it seemed kinda iffy.

Thanks!

Sorry you're not feeling well... sounds like you definitely picked up a bug of some sort.

The official rules would be that pepto and similar would be out because of the ingredients but we're not the Whole30 police and you're an adult who is sick so you have to take the decision about what to do into your own hands... do you think you can stick it out with ginger or peppermint tea and slow deep breaths? If so, then do that... if it gets too bad, take something... there's no better or worse recommendation we're going to have for pepto but in Canada if I was feeling nauseous, I would take Gravol - tiny pill, probably a titch of some off plan starch but I wouldn't hesitate if I was sick enough... can you find Gravol where you are?  I personally think Peptobismal is a money grab that doesn't actually do anything...

Archived