February 1 start!

TiffT

I’m starting my second round of Whole 30 February 1st. I jokingly call my 1st round the “Whole 15” because I made it about 2 weeks before sneaking in cheats (mostly wine and whole 30 approved snacks in excess due to anxiety and poor planning). I have sought professional help to cope with anxiety and I am really optimistic this round will be a success! I am very curious to enter the reintroduction phase. I have been experiencing digestive discomfort and back pain and I would like to rule out dietary issues before pursuing to medical treatments. 

Is anyone else starting Feb 1? If so, what are your reasons for starting? How do you plan on coping with Valentines Day? Temptations and stress are present regardless of whether you are single/dating/married/it’s complicated. Candy, chocolate and wine are everywhere!! 

Also, please excuse any message board faux paus that I may commit! Yes, I am a millennial but this is only the 2nd time I have posted on a message board (cue anxiety here!). 

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, TiffT said:

I’m starting my second round of Whole 30 February 1st. I jokingly call my 1st round the “Whole 15” because I made it about 2 weeks before sneaking in cheats (mostly wine and whole 30 approved snacks in excess due to anxiety and poor planning). I have sought professional help to cope with anxiety and I am really optimistic this round will be a success! I am very curious to enter the reintroduction phase. I have been experiencing digestive discomfort and back pain and I would like to rule out dietary issues before pursuing to medical treatments. 

Is anyone else starting Feb 1? If so, what are your reasons for starting? How do you plan on coping with Valentines Day? Temptations and stress are present regardless of whether you are single/dating/married/it’s complicated. Candy, chocolate and wine are everywhere!! 

Also, please excuse any message board faux paus that I may commit! Yes, I am a millennial but this is only the 2nd time I have posted on a message board (cue anxiety here!). 

No need to be anxious around here, we'll help you out and we can delete duplicate posts, move posts around etc... and we're mostly really nice ;)

Welcome and good luck on your journey!

13 hours ago, TiffT said:

Hi, Tiff! We're planning on starting our 2nd whole30 on Feb 2, so close enough to join you! Feb 1 will be our day 0 in terms of grocery shopping and meal prep. Good for you for making it 15 days the first time around! I did learn that preplanning is key to successful whole30! And after that-- the thought of all that hard work being negated by ONE slip up and having to start over is enough to keep me on track! For Valentine's Day-- I found a coffe steak and spiralized potatoes recipe in the Fast ans Easy Whole30 cookbook that I plan on making for hubby and me. Nice to "meet" you! Good luck! Here we go---

The coffee steak and spiralzed potatoes sound delicious. I too am planning for steak and veggies for Valentine’s Day. 

I agree with the planning, I am going to prep as much as I can this weekend. I’m planning to grind/ freeze meats and can/freeze sauces so I can supplement with fresh fruits and vegetables. I don’t want there to be to be any food emergencies, I think it will, help fight off cravings.

The countdown is on! 

I’m starting it on Jan 29, pretty close! My husband and I have a reservation in a Japanese restaurant for Valentine’s Day and I’m a little bit nervous about that. Even tho he’s doing the whole30 with me I know he will eat EVERYTHING there because that’s what we agreed to do (so he’s basically doing a whole15, but I’m glad because that’s better than nothing).

Nice to meet you, guys!

10 hours ago, nicpadua said:

I’m starting it on Jan 29, pretty close! My husband and I have a reservation in a Japanese restaurant for Valentine’s Day and I’m a little bit nervous about that. Even tho he’s doing the whole30 with me I know he will eat EVERYTHING there because that’s what we agreed to do (so he’s basically doing a whole15, but I’m glad because that’s better than nothing).

Nice to meet you, guys!

I recommend calling the restaurant ahead of time and speaking to the kitchen manager. Get info about what types of oil they use on the grill and ingredients on different items. I did this my first time around.... it was so much better heading off to restaurants prepared with an idea of what to order! 

Hi All, 

This is my first time trying W30; I’m planning to start my journey on Feb 5th. I need to get things organized and ready for this journey. I’m pretty excited and nervous. Hope by joining this forum I can hopefully have support to stay on track!

Hello! I'm starting my second round of Whole 30 on February 1.  Truth be told, it might as well be my first since after my first one I kept finding mistakes I had made (soy lecithin? In my herbal tea?!). I have to say that I'm really excited for it this time, now that I have some good recipes under my belt and got some good deals at the supermarket this weekend.  I'm even looking forward to cheering on my Eagles with a Whole 30 Superbowl Sunday!

I was thinking of starting on the 4th, but I may be able jump in for Feb 1. Total newbie, still working on prep. Don't know anyone locally doing Whole30, but need to make changes for my health.

I have been ill for over a month, and I can't get past it. I start getting better, then catch another cold, flu, infection,or virus. My immune system is shot, and my body needs a reboot. I'm sick and tired, despite taking better care of myself than I have in years. I'm making a drastic change because I want to feel better. 

@TiffT mind if I tag along with you guys?  I started a Whole60 Jan 1, but it will probably turn into 66 or 67, based on my work schedule. This is my second round and I felt so great doing it the first time that I decided 60 days would be a good plan to take advantage of all the NSVs. 

The best advice I have for you first timers: meal prep and plan!  It's great to have freezer meals you can pull out if needed, and quick things like chicken sausage and carrots and guacamole for emergencies!

• 1 month later...

So after boldly stating I would start on February 1...I actually started on February 4, which made my last day today!  It feels different from my last Whole 30, in that I couldn't wait to be done that one, and this time I'm figuring I'll probably just continue with some occasional reintroductions.  Most surprising was that I packed up all my non-compliant food into a big plastic bin for storage...and I'm realizing that I didn't miss any of it!

Anyone else finished up?

Archived