Formerly known as Ceerock

cynrok

Day 12

B: leftover sausage-potato hash

L: last of the salisbury meatballs and string beans...i could barely finish them, i take back my previous comment that i'd make them again. i'm not sure if it's the mustard but they sicken me now. actually all meat sickens me now. that hasn't gone away unfortunately. husband still likes them so maybe it's just me/my tastes/my sudden aversion to meat that is the problem.

D: roasted chicken drumstick + broccoli, 1 cup berries. again, did not enjoy the meat. broccoli and berries were great though.

Not sure what to do about the meat issue...it could spell the end of this whole30 if it doesn't go away soon.

i found this group of vegetarian whole30 recipes, maybe i'll try a few of them for a bit: https://www.purewow.com/food/vegetarian-whole30-recipes/slide22

it wouldn't really conform to the rules/recommendations/meal template completely but it's better than giving up entirely.

Could you replace meat with eggs for a few days and see how you feel? Aside from eggs and meat, I have no idea how else to get protein.

I've thrown two things away that I just couldn't handle eating anymore. Was fine at first, then I just developed a hatred toward it.

yeah eggs don't gross me out and i hope it stays that way! i had them today for breakfast and then again for lunch. that whole30 blog link encourages vegetarians to eat egg and fish, and i may do that. the idea of fish doesn't gross me out at this point, probably because i rarely eat it. but chicken and beef i can't stomach right now.

Day 13 was trying-to-avoid-meat day. Eggs for breakfast, eggs for lunch, and for dinner I had a handful of garlic-stuffed kalamata olives and made a big batch of curry-roasted cauliflower. I would have stopped there but my husband had to eat something so I decided to use up the chicken drumsticks in the fridge and did a sheetpan of chicken and potatoes with lemon and garlic. I did force myself to eat one very small drumstick but mostly I ate cauliflower and potatoes. and a cup of berries. Gonna have to get some fish today.

Day 14

B: 2 eggs, sauteed potatoes w/homemade cajun seasoning, coffee w/coconut milk

L: handful of garlic-stuffed kalamata olives, handful of raw cashews, thai butternut squash soup (used this recipe but subbed squash for sweet potato and subbed coconut milk for the almond butter and doubled the curry paste and it is GLORIOUS: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/creamy-thai-carrot-sweet-potato-soup/)

D: will be leftover soup and i will force myself to eat a drumstick

Archived