Rx Maple Sea Salt

Tim D

Had a quick question. My father bought me a box of the Maple Sea Salt Rx bars because he knows I travel a lot. The ingredients are dates, eggs whites, Cashews, Pecans, Sea Salt and Natural Maple Flavor. 

No added sugar so am I good to go with these?

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Tim D said:

Had a quick question. My father bought me a box of the Maple Sea Salt Rx bars because he knows I travel a lot. The ingredients are dates, eggs whites, Cashews, Pecans, Sea Salt and Natural Maple Flavor. 

No added sugar so am I good to go with these?

No sorry, they're one of the flavors that are off limits for the Whole30 based on the fact that they're extremely similar to a candy bar and that's going to do nothing to help any sugar cravings or food relationships.  

• Moderators

If that's your only option, they are definitely compliant and you're welcome to eat them.

For best results, I'd strongly recommend trying better options - pouches of tuna or salmon, baggies of olives, baby carrots, celery, compliant EPIC bars or jerky. All these will serve you better as they'll hold you longer and won't keep your Sugar Dragon roaring. The veggies will be fine without refrigeration for 8+ hours.

I'd also recommend looking into Wild Zora bars. I love their Curry Turkey flavor. They're a much better option than an RX Bar because they're meat and veggies bars. It can sometimes be difficult to take stuff like tuna or a hard-boiled egg on a plane because your neighbors will hate you for the smell... LOL, I flew twice a week, every week for five years so I get how difficult the travel thing can be! Good luck! 

Archived