My Very First Whole30 Log

Asha

Ok - I'm hoping that making my log public will shame me.... I mean, MOTIVATE me into staying on track. LOL

My goals:

• Feel better.  Self explanatory.
  • Get out of Pre-Diabetic range.  My A1C has already gone down, due to my doctor putting me on Metformin.  Went from 6.3 last August to 5.9 in November.  I'd like to get below 5.7 and be able to stop the Metformin.
  • Identify any food sensitivities.  I suspect this may be causing some of my gastrointestinal discomfort and headaches, but have no way of knowing without doing this diet.  I'm pretty sure I don't have any allergies that would show up with an actual blood test, and even if I did, I can't afford that test anyway. 
  • Lose weight.  This is last on my list, because I don't focus on my weight.  I haven't weighed myself intentionally outside of a doctor's office for years.  Don't even own a scale.  However, to the extent that my weight is related to the first two items on my list, I have added it here.

Tuesday January 23, 2018

• Breakfast:  Tea, apple, almond butter
  • Lunch: baked salmon, broccoli, raw carrot
    1:30 pm headache
  • Snack: banana, almond butter
  • Dinner: baked chicken, brussel sprouts, organic tart cherry juice w/sparkling water
  • Snack: banana

Wednesday January 24, 2018

• Breakfast:  Whole30 Oatmeal substitute, Bulletproof Coffee
  • Snack: That's It Apple/Strawberry bar
  • Lunch: salad veggies with chicken, hard-boiled egg, sunflower seeds, olive oil & vinegar
  • Snack: That's It Apple/Blueberry bar
  • Dinner: turkey burger patty, avocado, tomato slice
  • Snack: banana & almond butter

Thursday January 25, 2018

• Breakfast:  Apple, Banana, Almond Butter, Black Coffee
  • Snack: Banana, That's It Apple/Blueberry bar
  • Lunch: salad veggies with chicken, hard-boiled egg, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, olive oil & vinegar, iced tea

•  

• Moderators

Hello, Asha. You might want to check out the meal template, which you can download here:   https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

You'll have the best results if you make all your meals match the template. You're eating a lot of fruit, which is not doing you any favors as far as your blood sugar is concerned. Focus on eating lots of veggies, protein, and healthy fats, and limit fruit to not more than a couple of servings a day. When you get your meals sized right, you'll be able to go 4-5 hours between meals and probably won't need snacks, but if you do get hungry between meals, don't have fruit on its own, have a combo of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three -- so something like a hard boiled egg with mayo and some carrots, or some leftovers from a previous meal.

Hi @ShannonM816 - Thanks for the advice!  Believe me, I'm doing my blood sugar a huge favor, as compared to how I used to eat.  But, I get your point.  I'll focus more on the things you mentioned soon.  Right now, I'm just trying to focus on sticking with whole30-approved foods, and not straying at all.

@cynrok - I'm excited to explore that section of the forum!

Since I can't figure out how to edit my original post to add to my food log, I'm just going to continue it here.

Thursday January 25, 2018

• Breakfast:  Apple, Banana, Almond Butter, Black Coffee
  • Snack: Banana, That's It Apple/Blueberry bar
  • Lunch: salad veggies with chicken, hard-boiled egg, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, olive oil & vinegar, iced tea
  • Snack: Celery & almond butter, cashew milk, raw almonds
  • Dinner: Tuna salad with homemade mayo, dill pickles, raw carrot, sour cherry juice with sparkling water

Friday January 26, 2018

• Breakfast:  Bulletproof Coffee

Friday January 26, 2018

• Breakfast:  Bulletproof Coffee, chia pudding w/bananas
  • Lunch: tuna salad w/homemade mayo, pickles
  • Dinner: Whole30-compliant meatballs & marinara with zoodles. 

Saturday January 27, 2018

• Brunch:  Bulletproof Coffee, egg bake casserole with chicken-apple sausage & hashbrowns, almond milk
  • Dinner: Huge salad with veggies, diced chicken, sunflower seeds, and homemade Italian dressing

Sunday January 28, 2018

• Breakfast:  Bulletproof Coffee, egg bake casserole with hashbrowns, almond milk
  • Lunch: chia pudding w/bananas & almond butter
  • Dinner: chicken legs, sweet potato, sour cherry sparkling water
  • Snack: chia pudding with bananas & almond butter

Archived