Starting Jan 29! High cholesterol and out of control eating

Jessmcdermott

Hi.  I have been researching Whole30 for 2 weeks, read the book, reading FB posts and making lists (grocery, recipe, etc.).  I have a coworker who has successfully completed Whole30, and is a great resource and support.  I have a couple of other friends who are supper supportive and will tell me to stop the madness if I want to cheat.  My husband is not doing the program with me, but is super supportive and will eat anything I cook.  I cannot get rid of all the bad food in my cabinet because he still eats it.  That will be a challenge, but it will be part of me achieving food freedom.

I went to the doctor this week and I was told that my Cholesterol is higher than it has ever been.  I have 3 months to make a change.   I am addicted to food, I overeat, I use food as a reward, when I am bored or just whenever.   I love anything sweet, candy, ice cream are my thing.  I have gluten intolerance.  So loosing weight will be a big plus.  I can feel the inflammation in my knees and joints.

so this week, I am eating all the food... I feel horrible, but it’s like I am saying farewell to my favorite things.   I am pretty excited about this journey, which is not what I expected.  However, the more I read and research, the more excited I am.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Jessmcdermott said:

so this week, I am eating all the food... I feel horrible, but it’s like I am saying farewell to my favorite things.  

I would strongly caution you to stop doing this... you're going to set yourself up for a pretty bad detox and withdrawal week by doing this.  Of course you CAN do whatever you like but the level of suckiness that you feel in the first week is related to your previous diet and especially what you ate in the couple weeks leading up.  You're not a trash can, you don't have to eat the stuff - either put it away or give it away or throw it away... 

I'm starting on January 29th too!  I too, am eating everything in sight that's not compliant come Monday (pizza and wine as we speak).  I too have read the books, done research, etc. and I am excited to get my health back!  Most days I feel like I am 46 in a 76 year old body.  I am taking back my health for me, my 2.5 year old, my 7 month old and my husband.  I have to stay "young" for them and make sure I'm around for the long haul.  Good luck to you!

15 hours ago, Jessmcdermott said:

Hi.  I have been researching Whole30 for 2 weeks, read the book, reading FB posts and making lists (grocery, recipe, etc.).  I have a coworker who has successfully completed Whole30, and is a great resource and support.  I have a couple of other friends who are supper supportive and will tell me to stop the madness if I want to cheat.  My husband is not doing the program with me, but is super supportive and will eat anything I cook.  I cannot get rid of all the bad food in my cabinet because he still eats it.  That will be a challenge, but it will be part of me achieving food freedom.

I went to the doctor this week and I was told that my Cholesterol is higher than it has ever been.  I have 3 months to make a change.   I am addicted to food, I overeat, I use food as a reward, when I am bored or just whenever.   I love anything sweet, candy, ice cream are my thing.  I have gluten intolerance.  So loosing weight will be a big plus.  I can feel the inflammation in my knees and joints.

so this week, I am eating all the food... I feel horrible, but it’s like I am saying farewell to my favorite things.   I am pretty excited about this journey, which is not what I expected.  However, the more I read and research, the more excited I am.

@Jessmcdermott SugarcubeOD is right. I did that on one of my previous Whole30’s and I felt miserable for two weeks. I had horrible headaches, felt antsy, nauseous etc.  Try to avoid it. 

Hi all!

I am also starting on the 29th!  Hoping to kick some bad habits surrounding food and reach food freedom.  I already eat 90% Paleo, but I'm 100% guilty of using junk food replacements in unhealthy ways.  Kicking that and getting my night snacking habit under control are my biggest goals.  I'm looking forward to the support from this Whole 30 community. :)

Archived