Start Date February 1st

LaborRN

@cr89 so you started the whole30 on the 2nd and restarted on the 4th?! 

Me too - sorta! I felt so good on whole30 I do t know why I dove into all of the unhealthy food so soon. But my plan is to stay on the whole30 for as long as it takes to feel great again (then add a few days) So you recommend I put a time frame to it? I am a woman of routine & structure and think that might help me when I get to the moments of “its okay to eat this XYZ bc food freedom, right?!” 

Hi All,
New to the forum and on my first true Whole30.  I kinda-sorta did attempted one 5ish years ago but I'm pretty sure I had cheat bites and cheat snacks the whole time.  This time I have been 100% compliant.  I actually feel pretty good, I get pretty sleepy in the early evening.  I had been mostly Paleo for the month of January and that made the transition easier.  I've really enjoyed getting back into the kitchen and prepping some different meals.  Any favorite recipes or bloggers out there that you are discovering? 

My one vice that I have been working to get rid of is my daily routine of a date/nut bar.  I have gone the past two days without these and feel okay.  My sugar dragon hasn't reared its ugly head and I am doing okay. 

I'm listening to Food Freedom Forever on my commute, keeping the day by day journal, and reading the notes from Melissa.  The level of support from this program is truly remarkable. 

Well if any of you are still out there that started on February 1st, keep up the good work!   We got this.

On 2/6/2018 at 6:08 AM, cr89 said:

@Lauren Mudryk I am so worried about spiraling out of control that I am extending my Whole30 to a Whole60! I started back on January 2nd...I had a couple non-compliant food Feb. 1, 2, 3 (a bite of something each day) but I am back on full force, totally compliant now. I even had a "nightmare" about eating one non-compliant food and then spiraling into a binge of everything sugary/greasy/fatty/salty/unhealthy and doubled in my size! Haha! It was a bit terrifying! I am going to slowly learn to allow myself moments of enjoyment of foods that are non-compliant but live most my life in compliance. I am aiming for 90% compliance and 10% (or less) of non-compliance. It's helpful that my mom and sister started their first Whole30 yesterday so I am coming alongside them to support them and I want to lead by example! 

@AB_MN My Whole30 virtually eliminated all my acne! For the first time in at least 6 months, I didn't break out in painful cystic pimples! Healthy skin feels so great! I feel like cutting out the dairy is what really helped with my acne. I have heard/read that cow's milk increases testosterone/androgen in the body leading to more and worse acne! Yuck! And I loved drinking milk before my Whole30! Not anymore!        

Thanks, cr89.  I'm so glad to know that helped w/cystic acne.  you are right - they do hurt!  and they last for so long (weeks at best, usually a few months).   I was raised to drink milk and love 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee in the morning (several cups, ok plus sugar!!) so it's a major change.    I cut back on yogurt and cheese but am curious to see if no butter, milk or cream does the trick.  then I know and can decide if it's worth it to ever have, or if maybe there is some amount I can have w/out major break outs.   Appreciate the feedback/insight.   

We are on day 10.  1/3 thru!     I am now starving in the mornings (which is new).  Still struggling with portions - super full after meals but then can't quite make it to next meal so have compliant snack most days.  I'm up by 5 though so getting to 12 lunch probably not reasonable anyway.  I've made peace with that. 

How is everyone else doing?  

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else from February 1st is still out there... BUT we are almost done with the 30 days.  This has been way easier than I anticipated.  Super excited about the changes I have seen and how different I feel.   My cravings are gone and I've busted my habit of "having" to have a snack in the morning and before bed.  Awesome feeling!

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit1 said:

Not sure if anyone else from February 1st is still out there... BUT we are almost done with the 30 days.  This has been way easier than I anticipated.  Super excited about the changes I have seen and how different I feel.   My cravings are gone and I've busted my habit of "having" to have a snack in the morning and before bed.  Awesome feeling!

Good for you!!! I'm a Feb 5 starter and I can't believe I'm down to the single digits with my 30 days already! So glad you have broken the snacking "need". Enjoy the food freedom.

Archived