Market District Balsamic Vinegar

KLynn1990

I purchased a bottle of Balsamic vinegar and have had it sitting on my counter with the receipt wrapped around it for a couple weeks now. The ingredients list says "wine vinegar, concentrated grape must, cooked grape must, caramel color." the bottle also says contains sulfites, but it is not listed as an ingredient. I did see elsewhere that sulfites in vinegar is okay as long as it's not listed as an added ingredient. I suppose I'm more or less asking for clarification before I return the product and then order a significantly more expensive bottle with less vinegar in it (less than half of what this one has) just because it "contains sulfites" if I don't have to, especially since I know that grapes contain sulfites and that this is made of essentially fermented grapes.

Hey @KLynn1990 - I'm afraid that caramel colour is a sugar whether or not the vinegar has added sulfites so this is out for your Whole30.

FFR if the sulphites are not listed as ingredient then they are naturally occuring, but the label must state that they are there as they are an allergen. If the sulphites are listed as an ingrednient then they are added.

Archived