Whole30 and ulcerative colitis

I have a very mild case of uc. Diagnosed as ulcerative proctitis. I am on day 23 of round 2. One of the great benefits of Whole 30 is I am more regular than I have ever been. The issue is within about 5 minutes of getting up each morning I have to go to the bathroom right then or else. This urgency typically doesn’t occur with me unless I am having a flare up. I don’t think I am having a flare up at all but curious if others that have UC have experienced this or if my gut is just healing right now. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, debgm123 said:

I have a very mild case of uc. Diagnosed as ulcerative proctitis. I am on day 23 of round 2. One of the great benefits of Whole 30 is I am more regular than I have ever been. The issue is within about 5 minutes of getting up each morning I have to go to the bathroom right then or else. This urgency typically doesn’t occur with me unless I am having a flare up. I don’t think I am having a flare up at all but curious if others that have UC have experienced this or if my gut is just healing right now. 

Have you poked around in the forum and seen what other people are talking about with regard to UC?  It's been discussed a lot here... google is your best bet for finding threads, just google 'whole30 ulcerative colitis' and see what you can find.

Archived