I’m starting Monday, January 29

Jfoxfurie

I’ve done a similar program before but i have fallen back into bad habits.  I know from past experience that i am SO happy when i eat right. I stop being a slave to food.  So excited to finally commit to getting back to that place. But I know the first three or four days will be so hard!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve done a similar program before but i have fallen back into bad habits.  I know from past experience that i am SO happy when i eat right. I stop being a slave to food.  So excited to finally commit to getting back to that place. But I know the first three or four days will be so hard!

I am starting as well! My original start date was going to be Feb. 15th, but I decided to bump it up quite a bit. I do have a girl's night that I am hosting Saturday night & am a little nervous, but I have a week to come up with compliant finger foods. I mean, if my gluten-free friend can make all my parties & such and can't eat everything (and she doesn't drink)... why can't I? 

I'm starting tomorrow too! Unfortunately, the Whole30 book is checked out of my library so its boiled eggs and raw veggies for me until I can get the book and figure out how to cook on this.

I'm in a rural area where all the fancy ingredients aren't available.... what are you guys's plans for the first few days?

I'm beginning on January 29 (tomorrow!) as well. Excited and hope to see you all online. I haven't done the Whole30 before although two friends have and were very positive about it. 

I almost decided to wait until after Feb 17 because my nephew is getting married and I'm worried about the wedding. After deliberating, I decided to do the prep and jump in. Writing out plans for how to deal with wedding and travel mid course...

I started today, as well! This is my first Whole30 and I'm all sorts of excited and hopeful for this program. I've meal planned the HECK out of this week and really feel prepared. I think my struggle will really be with cheese and wine. Cheese is my go to comfort food and wine is my little "me-time" ritual. Eek! Bye, cheese! Bye, wine! 

Good luck everyone! Not that you'll need it. We are all capable of this process and driven by such a positive and FREEING end goal. Food Freedom, y'all! 

Cheers!

Nat

17 hours ago, NikayaSmith said:

I'm starting tomorrow too! Unfortunately, the Whole30 book is checked out of my library so its boiled eggs and raw veggies for me until I can get the book and figure out how to cook on this.

I'm in a rural area where all the fancy ingredients aren't available.... what are you guys's plans for the first few days?

Hey - You can print the ingredient/ shopping lists and yes/no lists from the website! No need for the raw veg/ boiled egg diet, this can be a whole (no pun intended) more enjoyable :) Squashes, potatoes, leafy greens, simple proteins (poultry, beef) are available pretty much everywhere, and you can make your own ghee out of unsweetened butter. 

You got this!

Hey  guys! Day 1 was a success and I felt great.  However, today is Day 2 for me and I woke up feeling like crap! I've had horrible brain fog all day and overall I just feel dead. I ate great food all day yesterday and made a point to get to bed extra early and I still feel like crap.  I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way or if maybe I caught a bug from my coworkers who were all just sick.  It does say that days 2-3 can feel like this but I eat pretty close to Whole30 as it is so I wasn't expecting to feel this bad.  I did binge on some not so Whole30 stuff this weekend (late night munchies strike again) so I'm wondering if that's what made me feel so tanked right now.

Anyone having any similar experiences? Let me know, I'd love to try to pinpoint if this is the Whole30 progression or a sick bug! Thanks!

Hi! I started today!  I have never done a whole 30. I’ve been Paleo-ish for the last couple years. I feel like I need a reset so here I am :-) day one went great! I’d say wine at night with dinner will be what I will miss most! 

Hope everyone had a good day :-)

Hi Jan 29 Friends, I disappeared for the first two days ... just keeping up with food and life was pretty challenging. But I've stayed on track. The hardest time for me has been the evenings. I find I'm just exhausted. I'm having some physical withdrawal my beloved sugar; it's really up and down. Hope everyone has an amazing Day 3!

17 hours ago, BookNut107 said:

Hey  guys! Day 1 was a success and I felt great.  However, today is Day 2 for me and I woke up feeling like crap! I've had horrible brain fog all day and overall I just feel dead. I ate great food all day yesterday and made a point to get to bed extra early and I still feel like crap.  I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way or if maybe I caught a bug from my coworkers who were all just sick.  It does say that days 2-3 can feel like this but I eat pretty close to Whole30 as it is so I wasn't expecting to feel this bad.  I did binge on some not so Whole30 stuff this weekend (late night munchies strike again) so I'm wondering if that's what made me feel so tanked right now.

Anyone having any similar experiences? Let me know, I'd love to try to pinpoint if this is the Whole30 progression or a sick bug! Thanks!

Hi Booknut! (I love books too). My hope is that you are only having typical days 2-3 withdrawals, but I don't think you'll know right away. Lots of cold bugs going around!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

I started Monday as well...and so did my monthly, so I slept 10 hours last night and the night before. That’s never happened to me, as I normally sleep 7 hours and am ready for the day. I don’t think I ate enough food the last two days though, according to other forums, so I’ll be upping my protein intake today.

I think I’ll miss peanut butter the most over the next 30 days—I know I’m doing myself a favor leaving out other cravings, but peanut butter and a banana/apple are a favorite late night snack around here.

Archived