I’m starting Monday, January 29

Jfoxfurie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I started January 29 but had not planned to join a group this time. Then I randomly got 4 emails from Whole30 and here I am. It's my second Whole 30. Made it through the last time, but did not do the refeeding. This time around, things have been pretty easy though I went out to eat last night for the first time this round and found myself eating the brussels sprouts on my plate even though they tasted kind of sweet. I also ate the cauliflower mash, which probably had butter in it. Didn't ask. So in a way, this is day 1, but I'm not sweating it. 

I'd been so out of control with my eating prior to 1/29 that I'm just relieved to be eating properly again.

21 hours ago, Guadopt1997 said:

Hello, I started January 29 but had not planned to join a group this time. Then I randomly got 4 emails from Whole30 and here I am. It's my second Whole 30. Made it through the last time, but did not do the refeeding. This time around, things have been pretty easy though I went out to eat last night for the first time this round and found myself eating the brussels sprouts on my plate even though they tasted kind of sweet. I also ate the cauliflower mash, which probably had butter in it. Didn't ask. So in a way, this is day 1, but I'm not sweating it. 

I'd been so out of control with my eating prior to 1/29 that I'm just relieved to be eating properly again.

I know the feeling. I began the whole30 because it just felt like I was turning to sugar instead of dealing with my life. So now at least I'm not turning to sugar ...

I also started January 29 and can't believe it's already Day 11!

I'd been doing some pretty heavy duty eating and drinking for the last 6 months. Changing my eating habits isn't so bad (I don't have a sweet tooth) but my main issue is wine. There are days I miss drinking wine so much!

Hi all!  How is everyone doing?  The weekend is the hardest for me.  I am hosting friends for dinner tonight for the first time since starting the Whole30 but cooking totally Whole30 and warned them ahead of time.  Told them to BYOB if they wanted to drink, as I can't keep alcohol in the house right now.  LOL.   Our friends eat really healthy so they should enjoy the roasted cauliflower and sauteed kale with almond flour breaded pork chops.  Another win this week is that I cooked a pizza for the kids last night and did NOT touch it!!  I also made 30 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for girl scouts without even liking the spoon at the end!  I am realizing I used to eat too much "kid food".   My kids have been troopers and had Whole30 breakfast and dinners all week.  My 7 year old son asked for seconds on the "yummy rice" (riced cauliflower) and my 5 year old girl now loves kale...parenting win for the week.  

What are some of your "wins" or positive things that you did this week!  
Keep up the great effort!

2 hours ago, 40reasons said:

What are some of your "wins" or positive things that you did this week!  
Keep up the great effort!

My biggest win is that I've been super stressed and just straight-up crabby, but still sticking to it and haven't really had any cravings. I just noticed that when I'm feeling stress I really have to stay conscious of my impulse to grab whatever the kids are eating and just put it in my mouth, even though I don't actually want it. So that's been a hard fight. The best news is I no longer Taste of Diet Coke in my mouth every time I just think of it, and I'm starting to not think of it at all.

Not bored yet!

Definitely been up and down for me. Didn't expect the first 10 days or so to bet that hard but it truly was. Not in craving, but energy and "low carb flu" stuff. Basically, everything they said on calendar was true, which helped me stick through it.  But there were also glimpses of good.   Knock wood, the last few days I really feel different, in  a great way.  Mostly noticing the stabilization of moods and a sense of clarity without being hyper.  Can sugar be that impactful  I was skeptical.  Last night was a test as my neighbor made Indian Briyani, which I love, which is a a rice and chicken dish.  Rice has been my biggest craving to my surprise.  Would have put that 3rd behind my nightly drink and chocalate.   Anyway, I'm hoping this week is great for you all.  Hang tight.  

How many of us are still here? Day 15 today, if I'm counting right. 

I've haven't done much with potatoes, white or sweet, but I'm starting to think I need more carbs. Making some hashbrowns tonight for tomorrow's breakfast. What are some ways that others are adding the good carbs when needed? 

Halfway through!!! We can do it. My biggest worry about my timing has been the family wedding that I'm traveling to, starting Thursday. First the roadtrip, then then wedding. I have such momentum so far that I think I'll be okay. Has anyone else had to deal with travel while whole30-ing? 

Still here comrades. Finding it a lot easier, fun, and I dear say Tigerish Blood.  I do a bit of Cold Water surfing here on east coast and went today. Was worried about energy levels since you burn a lot of calories from cold and exercise.  I had breakfast of 2 hardboilded eggs, cashews.  Ate a banana and larabar before surf and was great.  I knew I'd be hungry coming out so had another lara bar and brought a whole avocado which I inhaled.  Then a hart dinner of chickn breast with skin, acorn squash, and spinach.  Feel Great! Miss the beer but not so much.

keep it up!

On 2/12/2018 at 5:03 PM, Whole30Raven said:

How many of us are still here? Day 15 today, if I'm counting right. 

I've haven't done much with potatoes, white or sweet, but I'm starting to think I need more carbs. Making some hashbrowns tonight for tomorrow's breakfast. What are some ways that others are adding the good carbs when needed? 

Halfway through!!! We can do it. My biggest worry about my timing has been the family wedding that I'm traveling to, starting Thursday. First the roadtrip, then then wedding. I have such momentum so far that I think I'll be okay. Has anyone else had to deal with travel while whole30-ing? 

I've had to travel and my best advice is to pack food!! Bring plenty of snacks and emergency meal replacements.  It's better to have more and not use them than be starving and tempted to reach for something bad.  Tuna/salmon single serve pouches, nuts/seeds, to-go packs of olives, to go packs of nut butter, apples travel well, bananas, HB eggs if you have a refrigerator or cooler, RX Bars, Lara Bars, Epic bars.  That's my biggest tip! Stay on top of your hunger and be mindful of if you are really hungry or just bored from the travel.  This helped me stop eating out of boredom in the car last weekend.  I brought something else to do to occupy my mind and hands. Drink plenty of water! Best of luck!

13 hours ago, BookNut107 said:

I've had to travel and my best advice is to pack food!! Bring plenty of snacks and emergency meal replacements.  It's better to have more and not use them than be starving and tempted to reach for something bad.  Tuna/salmon single serve pouches, nuts/seeds, to-go packs of olives, to go packs of nut butter, apples travel well, bananas, HB eggs if you have a refrigerator or cooler, RX Bars, Lara Bars, Epic bars.  That's my biggest tip! Stay on top of your hunger and be mindful of if you are really hungry or just bored from the travel.  This helped me stop eating out of boredom in the car last weekend.  I brought something else to do to occupy my mind and hands. Drink plenty of water! Best of luck!

Thank you! Planning the food to take along now. It's a long car trip! I had forgotten about olives! Think we'll get through it ... it'd be easier if it was just me, but am juggling kids as well. Husband is whole30 with me, but not the kids. Planning one five guys burger stop! 

Hi Whole 30ers!!

I too started on Monday January 29 but today I am struggling! I don't know if it is because it is V Day and I'm seeing everyone with Treats and Chocolate or what. I've been in a crappy mood all day and I want EVERYTHING IN MY BELLY. I'm gonna stick it out but I wish I could go home and not be around anyone!

I totally felt this way yesterday… But I’m really glad I didn’t give into the cravings or to my frustration about not getting to eat all of the sweets I saw. Haha.  I indulged in a couple of roses and a bath bomb instead—maybe you could find a different treat?

I hope your day gets better! We are over halfway there!

NSV: 

I’ve been cleaning up my Pinterest boards—especially the ones with recipes on them—and I had a board with 133 pins of dessert recipes. I didn’t even go through the pins because I am [almost] fully converted about having no dessert; I just deleted the whole board.

I feel pretty good about that. 

1 hour ago, jblittle said:

I totally felt this way yesterday… But I’m really glad I didn’t give into the cravings or to my frustration about not getting to eat all of the sweets I saw. Haha.  I indulged in a couple of roses and a bath bomb instead—maybe you could find a different treat?

I hope your day gets better! We are over halfway there!

@jblittleThank you! I did work out really hard in the gym and then went home and had a delicious Greek Salad with Chicken from the Book! It was superb and made me feel great by the time I went to bed! 

Today is definitely a much better day!!

Day 18 almost over!! We are rocking it. Felt the first glimpse of Tiger Blood today, which was awesome. 

I'm traveling home to visit my parents for a week starting on Saturday. They are totally into what I've been telling them about whole30 and are more than willing to make and try compliant recipes for dinners, so that will be awesome. A little nervous about the flight there and back--I'm so guilty of grabbing my favorite snacks like cheez-its and sour patch kids to treat myself on the flight. Will be packing some snacks to get me through and even going to bring some shredded chicken and hot sauce to have when I first get to the airport. My mom is getting me from the airport and we're going straight to my aunt's house for dinner. I didn't want to impose my whole30 on the dinner my aunt is making, so my mom is bringing me a compliant meal. Feel very lucky to have people supporting and helping me! 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, 40reasons said:

A few more days!! How is everyone doing? I have decided to do another 30 with a short break for an Anniversary trip to NYC on the 1st.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Goodness how this whole30 has flown by. I dropped off the board for ten days because of travel and work. i was faithfully whole30-ing. I do feel good and so happy that I have stayed with it. I think I'm with you, @40reasons, I'm going to have a glass of wine and then keep going. Doing a second whole30 puts the finish line at around Easter, which for me is a good time to start reintroductions. 

I want to keep going because I feel I really want to solidify the food habits. I managed to stay on the whole30 while traveling, but I didn't have a great sense of routine. Killing my sugar cravings and eating more veggies has really been my driving goal. 

One great thing has been the ways in which I feel more positive about other aspects of my life. I'm trying to move from part time work to full time. It's a tricky transition, and I need all the positivity I can get. 

Cheers to all as we finish our last few days!

1 hour ago, 40reasons said:

A few more days!! How is everyone doing? I have decided to do another 30 with a short break for an Anniversary trip to NYC on the 1st.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

I'm still here! No slips at all. I have yet to experience the non-scale victories but I'm sure if I stand by it it will come.

I still want Diet Coke badly and my mouth can remember the taste and texture of many of the sweets I used to eat. Until those things stop, I'm going to continue to eat this way. On that note, I've decided to do a slow roll reintroduction. One thing at a time as needed...no actual plan to reintroduce anything yet.

I have saved a ton of money that used to be spent on fast food and fountain pop. Now if I could just sleep like a baby...

22 hours ago, RoseElizabeth said:

Last day!!!!! 

WE did it! How are you feeling? I'm excited. I didn't weigh my self but I did do a few measurements and lost a couple of inches on my waist etc. I'm having guests for dinner tonight with a couple of whole30 aberrations (sugar in the bbq sauce) and then will continue for another whole30 starting tomorrow. 

Congratulations everyone!

Archived