I’m starting Monday, January 29

Jfoxfurie

Day 3. I feel better than yesterday, headache is mild and I'm a little tired. The only thing I'm craving is Diet Coke. It's pretty much all I can think about!

I'm super hungry today but have another 2 hours before I can eat again as I'm getting ready to go into training. Chugging the water...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is day 2 for me.  Feeling pretty good so far.  I am definitely craving something sweet right now though.  Normally I am not a sweeter person, however, the last year or so I have fallen into my BF habits eating sweets like crazy and now I'd say it's safe to say I am an addict.  Which is why I am doing this program in the first place.  

Grateful for the forum.  Support always helps

I started same day as all you.  Nice to meet you.  My first time doing this.  It's late now and I can't sleep. I have to say today was pretty bad.  I've got a terrible headache that I can't shake and sweats that feel like toxins going out.  Bet way to describe is "Fluey"  Hanging in there but hope this passes some tomorrow. Book said it'll come but didn't expect it this bad. Anyone else having these issues? 

14 hours ago, SingerM said:

Day 3. I feel better than yesterday, headache is mild and I'm a little tired. The only thing I'm craving is Diet Coke. It's pretty much all I can think about!

I'm super hungry today but have another 2 hours before I can eat again as I'm getting ready to go into training. Chugging the water...

Good to hear you're feeling better. I'm not having diet coke withdrawls but my head is busting end of day 3.   I'll hope I feel better tomorrow. 

Busy day yesterday, but stayed with it. About to take a trip to Costco to load up on some basics. We're a family of five and the teens are eating our whole 30 dinners and breakfasts. I think they're open to  more of the Whole30 program so will try to incorporate more for them this week. Leftovers are my friend, so making big big portions so we are having leftovers for lunches etc. Glad I work part time as it is a lot more cooking than usual. And I cook quite a lot, or so I thought. 

Feeing very foggy today. Foggiest brain fog yet actually. 

On 1/31/2018 at 4:23 PM, Witchy13 said:

Today is day 2 for me.  Feeling pretty good so far.  I am definitely craving something sweet right now though.  Normally I am not a sweeter person, however, the last year or so I have fallen into my BF habits eating sweets like crazy and now I'd say it's safe to say I am an addict.  Which is why I am doing this program in the first place.  

Grateful for the forum.  Support always helps

Freedom from eating so many sweets is my main motivation too! Stay strong!

15 hours ago, BookNut107 said:

How is everyone feeling day 4?

Woke up feeling positive yesterday and that carried through most of the day. Became very irritable in the late afternoon. My poor kids :(

Continue to CRAVE Diet Coke, but still happy with food so no food cravings, thankfully. 

Mild headache, but doing good today, day 5. Glad to have a place to "report in"

On 2/1/2018 at 2:37 AM, SurfFitSoon said:

Good to hear you're feeling better. I'm not having diet coke withdrawls but my head is busting end of day 3.   I'll hope I feel better tomorrow. 

Update.  Starting Day 5 and have to say I feel MUCH MUCH better today.  Evening of Day 3 and most of Day 4 was just awful.  I made a mistake on day 4. OVerslept because the headache night before kept me up then got up and didn't eat a full heavy meal. Kind of grazed on whole 30 approved foods. By 4PM I thought I might pass out and was really shakey.  Then read some stuff and drank a lot of water.  Added salt to first glass for elecrolytes. Then FAT.  A whole avocado and a some beef at dinner worked for me.  It definitley rebalanced but I also think that early detox thing is real. And I'm a skeptic.  I wasn't the worst eater in the world but night before I started had a bit of a panic bender.  3 or 4 drinks, fries, ice cream and then I guess years of running off some sort of fast sugar.  Anyway, taking it one day at a time, don't want to get cocky but like to share the good with the hard. 

I noticed last night and today into day 5 that there is an alertness that is down right freaky. It's not "hyper" it's just not waking and keeping with me that whole dragged down (mentally and physically) feeling.  Let's see how it goes.   Rock on.

So good to hear I am not alone with the day 3 and 4 headache!! Thursday I was a hot mess forgetting and losing thing. But today day 5 I felt better. I need to do better at making extra dinner for left overs. I cooked a ton this week!!! My husband on the other hand is HANGRY though from his major sugar detox. 

Keep up the great efforts!! Prayers to make it through super bowl weekend. 

11 hours ago, SingerM said:

Continue to CRAVE Diet Coke, but still happy with food so no food cravings, thankfully. 

I had a MINIMUM of one Diet Dr Pepper, often 3 or more, (Diet Coke/Coke Zero were acceptable too ;)  ) a day habit.  I haven't had any soda in over 6 months now.  I forget how long it took, but the craving slowly ebbed, and it still occasionally sounds good, but for me, it's easy to pass on it now.  Hope you get the same result!

Hi there, Feeling pretty good.  A little cranky, but physically good.  I really like the real plans website and app.  I made some some new, great meals this week and made extra for lunches.  That helped.  I have been sleeping well.  I have had an extremely busy week at work, I may just be so exhausted from that. Nevertheless, sleep has been great.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Wow...its Friday day 5.  Loving everything Im eating. 

Black coffee seemed my huge barrier; and got this advice..."embrace the warmth of your coffee and  thank it for its anti-toxidants!  So I do and I'm soooooo happy, clear headed and full energy spread through day. May all of us starting January 29th,  celebrate an incredible weekend.  Tal to you all Monday!!! 

GUYS. I ate at Moe’s today in the airport....and then, because it tasted funny, and I started to get a headacbe, I found their chicken has either gluten or soy in it.  :(

But I chose it over whataburger, Chickfila, and Dickey’s because I knew it would make me feel better and less lethargic, so food freedom for the win?

End of Day 6, How's everyone doing? 

Knock wood, today was the best day so far for me.  2 and 3 lot's of headaches and 4 and 5 really out of it.  Got that "whole 30 flu" thing bad but today had all kinds of energy, cointinue to eat good and stay on  it.  Took an hour walk through neighborhood and pretty clear headed. 

6 hours ago, SingerM said:

Alright, kids. We almost have a week in! I'm navigating Superbowl Sunday by spending 8 hours in the car, driving my son home. 

How are you all gonna keep yourselves together today?

Enjoying a snowy/rainy day in Eagles country!! Made big pot of Whole 30 chili and big veggie tray. Will be making buffalo wings and buffa!o cauliflower for later! Go Birds!

On 2/4/2018 at 3:54 PM, 40reasons said:

Enjoying a snowy/rainy day in Eagles country!! Made big pot of Whole 30 chili and big veggie tray. Will be making buffalo wings and buffa!o cauliflower for later! Go Birds!

I made that whole30 chili as well, along with guacamole and carrot sticks ... was a fun superbowl night (loved seeing the eagles win)!! 

So we're on day 8 now, right? Feeling very good about getting it done, but also very up and down with energy levels. Sleep hasn't been that great. Sticking with it. 

2 hours ago, Whole30Raven said:

So we're on day 8 now, right? Feeling very good about getting it done, but also very up and down with energy levels. Sleep hasn't been that great. Sticking with it. 

Same here with sleep. I've had zero energy today. Still motivated, though :)

HI everyone, are we staying with for the legendary day 10??? I am, and I hope you are too. 

Two better nights of sleep helped immensely. I was getting tired of eggs, a bit, ... and I love eggs. Today I cooked them over easy instead of scrambling or in a frittatta. It felt like a whole new world! 

How is everyone doing? I have to go to an office retirement party today ... gearing up with a meme:

image.png.e3d68be6139730ddae4c919dc5f24848.png

Archived