Hosting a girl's night & Superbowl

AliS

Hey guys! I'm starting my whole 30 tomorrow!!!! I was originally planning Feb. 15th mostly b/c of a girl's night that is this weekend & then going to my grandparents' the next. However, after some medical stuff & me starting to get tired of waiting ... I decided to bump it up knowing that I can do this w/ these 2 obstacles (Valentine's Day I am not worried about as the hubby & I typically buy a steak and make it ourselves & I can easily make Whole 30 compliant fancy meal for us). 

Anyway, I am a little stuck on what to make that will be Whole 30 complaint but also something my friends will enjoy. They will be bringing other things too so I also want to make sure I can eat and be happy with what I have made myself & not have wishful thinking otherwise. I have a friend who is gluten free & doesn't drink so I know I won't be the only person not drinking which will help too. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, AliS said:

Hey guys! I'm starting my whole 30 tomorrow!!!! I was originally planning Feb. 15th mostly b/c of a girl's night that is this weekend & then going to my grandparents' the next. However, after some medical stuff & me starting to get tired of waiting ... I decided to bump it up knowing that I can do this w/ these 2 obstacles (Valentine's Day I am not worried about as the hubby & I typically buy a steak and make it ourselves & I can easily make Whole 30 compliant fancy meal for us). 

Anyway, I am a little stuck on what to make that will be Whole 30 complaint but also something my friends will enjoy. They will be bringing other things too so I also want to make sure I can eat and be happy with what I have made myself & not have wishful thinking otherwise. I have a friend who is gluten free & doesn't drink so I know I won't be the only person not drinking which will help too. 

Have you looked around the recipe section?  I would start there and see if you can find other conversations about this... I know there are conversations every year about super bowl food which would be finger food for a group and other people have had showers, birthdays, graduations etc... so lots of social events that they have brought stuff to... 

I'm hosting a girl's night... decided to go ahead and start my Whole30 today (don't worry... I planned and am prepped for today). However, I had already decided to host this girl's night & then on Sunday we're going to a Bacon-themed Superbowl Party. 

I need ideas for things that would be complaint that I can take and enjoy that others could enjoy as well. 

For girl's night -- 

So far, I'm going to make a large container of fruit infused water for those (like me) who don't/won't drink alcohol or soda. 
I'm going to put together a beautiful colorful veggie tray & fruit tray 

other ideas? 

For the bacon bowl I'm a little stumped... maybe chicken wrapped in compliant bacon?? 

• Moderators

You can wrap just about anything in bacon -- bacon wrapped potatoes or sweet potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus. This broccoli salad is great:  http://meljoulwan.com/2010/12/13/suddenly-im-in-the-mood-for-broccoli/  Or google something like bacon dip, if you want to bring a veggie tray with a dip.  For this one, I would definitely recommend eating before you go or taking a meal for yourself, in addition to whatever you take to share, just because chances are nothing else anyone brings will be compliant, unless there's someone else there also doing Whole30.

For girl's night, have a look at the recipes here:  https://therealfoodrds.com/30-whole30-appetizers/  -- some of those are bound to work, or may give you some other ideas. 

Just spent a weekend in VT with a large group and we were the only ones on W30. Thankfully everyone in the group is familiar with the program and they were so accommodating. For bfast and lunch we did our own thing, but for dinner we did a big taco buffet. I brought the seasoning so I knew that the ground beef was compliant, and then just loaded my plate with all the veggies, guac and salsa and skipped the cheese, sour cream and tortillas! Pretty simple and delicious for everyone :) 

Thank you guys for the ideas! The Whole 30 Appetizer list is amazing... I had promised jalapeno poppers (pre-starting Whole30) so being able to make Whole 30 compliant ones will be great. 
I may make some buffalo wings for our house to eat before hand so I can feel "on theme" & full so I won't be apt to snack while we are at the party.

P.S. Day #1 was awesome except for me having to eat a fat free dinner for my scheduled ultrasound for this morning & then b/c of that also.... having to wait nearly 3 hours after I normally eat breakfast to eat... but I have hard boiled eggs & an apple and a bottle of water that will be waiting on me as soon as I'm done. The reason for the ultrasound is health Reason #3 why I am doing Whole30 (something is going on around my colon).  I need to prep myself for my triggers so I can be successful! Parties are absolutely one. 

So today is the day of the girl's night I am hosting. EVERYTHING I am making is whole30 compliant. I know what I have will make a delicious meal with bunch of options for everyone to enjoy. I've worked like a crazy person today though.... the good news is I've now prepped a lot of stuff for tomorrow & even for meals for my family through the rest of the week. 

My Girl's Night Spread (I'm hosting): 

Fruit platter (pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, halo oranges, red grapes) <-- also had bought cantaloupe but forgot about it and the plate is full. Used to the top of the pineapple as a center of the platter as a fun decoration.

Veggie platters (purple cauliflower, rainbow carrots sticks, celery, cucumbers, radishes, broccoli, grape tomatoes, mini peppers)

Black Olives (i won't eat those... I only like olives in things... my husband opened some up so I'm putting them out)

Meatballs

Burger bites (small tiny burger patty, romaine lettuce, a grape tomato, & a pickle on a toothpick)

Bacon Wrapped Enchilada Jalapeno poppers

Dips: Marinara Sauce, Ranch, and a bbq sauce that isn't bbq I'm used too so it's kind of tastes between ketchup & bbq which is fine <--- all made & Whole30 compliant. 

I kept going back and forth between bacon wrapped hot dogs, but I thought that was overkill. Sprouts had the Applegate (?) or whatever that brand is that is Whole30 complaint on sale for $3.99!! I will probably do this tomorrow for what I take to the Superbowl Party plus the jalapeno poppers. 

All tasted good. I didn't stuff myself and ate happy. There weren't as many people (yay stomach bug & flu) as we thought but thankfully I made stuff complaint & everyone thankfully took their noncomplaint foods home with them! LOL  I have plenty of leftovers which I can use for the superbowl party if I can keep my son away from the meatballs! 

15 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

Your menu sounds great! I'm glad it went well. 

Thank you! It did... and again let me realize I can do this .... and with the help of the forum & Pintrest!  It's funny b/c I had my original start date as Feb. 15th so it'd be after my girl's night, Superbowl & Valentine's Day.... I started early b/c I hit a wall and decided to just go for it. Now I'm on Day 7 and confident and feeling great. Plus, so far pretty much everything I have made has been delicious and not made me feel gross after eating it. 

Archived