Is anyone starting a round of Whole30 tomorrow?

Daliazmama

I'm starting tomorrow.  I tried starting last week, but, we had some things come up and couldn't prepare.  I have breakfast and lunch prepared for tomorrow and dinner will go in the crockpot in the morning.  I'd love the extra support.  Good luck to you and we will rock the month!!

HI All, I'm on Day 3, started Saturday, January 27. Would love some moral support. DAy 1 was feeling like a goddess, Day 2 meal prep queen, Day 3 ..oh holy jesus..I'm so light headed and nauseated. ;0) HELP!

I'm there to support you all. Would love people to go through this with! I was inspired by my sister who has done this twice now and she's never looked better, glowing from the inside out..and not going to lie, she's lost 20 lbs too! I'm hoping to not always look at the scale and to eat a more healthy diet that greek yogurt and wasa crackers every day! 

18 hours ago, Msevins said:

I'm starting tomorrow.  I tried starting last week, but, we had some things come up and couldn't prepare.  I have breakfast and lunch prepared for tomorrow and dinner will go in the crockpot in the morning.  I'd love the extra support.  Good luck to you and we will rock the month!!

Excellent!  I look forward to interacting with you!  Let's keep each other going. I have some really great recipes if you need. 

3 hours ago, CaroHarNord said:

HI All, I'm on Day 3, started Saturday, January 27. Would love some moral support. DAy 1 was feeling like a goddess, Day 2 meal prep queen, Day 3 ..oh holy jesus..I'm so light headed and nauseated. ;0) HELP!

I'm there to support you all. Would love people to go through this with! I was inspired by my sister who has done this twice now and she's never looked better, glowing from the inside out..and not going to lie, she's lost 20 lbs too! I'm hoping to not always look at the scale and to eat a more healthy diet that greek yogurt and wasa crackers every day! 

Welcome to Whole30!  This is my 3rd round. i definitely went through those rough periods. Sounds like you're kicking that sugar-dragon... Isn't it crazy what sugar does to our bodies?  Hang in there! I'm with ya  :) 

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.  On day 3 and feeling great!  But, I started cutting back on many on the non compliant foods about 2 weeks ago.  Coffee is getting easier with only coconut milk.  Biggest problem -- my taekwondo school is beside a French bakery and smelling the yumminess is really hard!  Had a great dinner last night -- cauliflower fried rice and meatballs.  I'm not a fan of cauliflower, but, we got up this morning and made more so I could have it for lunch.  We did add some bacon to it and it was really good.  Even one of my sons liked it!  He wanted more for lunch today as well, but, we didn't have enough.  Have a great day.

Hi there, 

I'm also on day 3 and not feeling so great. I'm definitely experiencing the sugar withdrawal hangover. I have a headache I have not been able to shake today. BUT this too shall pass. I just gotta power through it and keep reminding myself that I'm ridding my body of something that wasn't good for me. Thank God my husband is doing this round with me and can commiserate (he has a headache today too lol). 

For dinner last night I made roasted carrots and a ton of grilled chicken breasts which I brined in salt water for about 30 mins. I'm glad I did, they came out really juicy.  :) and i had plenty for lunch today. 

Stay strong everybody!  (I'm definitely including myself in that as much as I am anyone else)  

I'm on Day 5 and am really having a hard time being nice to everyone around me at work. I've filled them in on what I'm doing so they're all being hilarious about it, and know that if I appear cranky it's because my body is PISSED at me for not allowing it sugar, crackers or yogurt! :)

Good luck everyone, we got this..piece of cake..I mean piece of broccoli. ;)

3 hours ago, Brina808 said:

I'm completing my first Whole 30 starting tomorrow! Thankfully I have two colleagues from work that are doing this with me too. Gotta keep that support up and cheer each other on! Totally pumped and ready to roll :D

yay! congrats!!  My coworkers did one with me too, so great having all that support  :)  great job

We had Sweet potato bisque tonight for dinner.  It was really yummy.  I signed up for Real Plans and really enjoy having the menu created for me and the shopping list.  I hope day 4 is going better for everyone.  On to day 5.  Have a great day!

Where did everyone go?

i hope you are all doing well and just quietly getting on with your whole 30 life :-) 

I'm doin OK - social events meeting friends are hard but I have requested that my friends don't feed me which they get. They've seen me do this before so they get it.

happy eating everyone X 

So, day 6 and I'm starting to have cravings.  I really want to just snack today.  What do you do to get through the cravings.  I really want something sweet!!  I went for a little chai tea with coconut milk (all natural ingredients).  Also, getting a cold and sore throat.  I have been using Hall's defense drops -- is there anything better to use for that!  Thanks in advance for the help and support.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi all, 

Day 6 and I'm kill everything today lol...  It's not that bad really, just a little irritable. My 7 year old is getting her molars in so she's definitely in worse shape than I am. 

I used that Magic Mushroom powder again and made chicken wings with it tonight. that stuff is ADDICTING! what a good find.    A fruit or citrus tea is helpful when I'm craving something sweet. I try to just power through it and the craving usually passes. 

I'm so grateful for this forum and for you guys.  Take care.  :) 

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Msevins said:

So, day 6 and I'm starting to have cravings.  I really want to just snack today.  What do you do to get through the cravings.  I really want something sweet!!  I went for a little chai tea with coconut milk (all natural ingredients).  Also, getting a cold and sore throat.  I have been using Hall's defense drops -- is there anything better to use for that!  Thanks in advance for the help and support.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tips for Whole30 with a cold:  https://whole30.com/2017/10/cold-flu/  And an easy chicken soup recipe:  https://whole30.com/2011/02/stm-feed-a-cold/ 

For the cravings, be sure you're eating enough at meals that you're definitely not hungry between them. People sometimes unconsciously limit the amount they eat, especially the amount of fat, but it is truly okay to eat big meals. If you're female, in the time leading up to your period you may be hungrier than normal, and if you're coming down with something, maybe your body wants more nutrients than normal as well. It's fine. If you're sure you're definitely not hungry and are wanting to snack out of habit or in reaction to stress or boredom or something like that, find something that will keep your hands and your mind busy for a little while. Go for a walk, work on a hobby, clean or organize something around the house, read a book, work on a puzzle (jigsaw or word puzzles or sudoku, whatever you like), call a friend and chat, journal, meditate -- just do something to distract yourself for a little bit and the craving should pass in a few minutes. 

Day 6, first W30 ever, and I have officially hit the "I just want to nap" phase. At work and yawning non-stop. I don't do caffeine so no coffee boost for me. I'll load up on water, some brisk walks and get to bed early tonight. Anyone else feeling the same?

There is also this box of Girl Scout cookies that is located at eye level in a place I pass by ALL THE TIME. I literally had to stop myself from automatically reaching my hand out to grab one. Such an eye-opener! I'm so happy I have this chance to break those habits. 

Day 11, I have a cold, but feeling so good, I think I can even weather a cold on Whole 30 without going to my usual sugar cravings when I'm sick. The routine does seem to get better and easier. Good luck. Don't have Girl Scout cooking anywhere near! Hope you're all doing great. 

Day 2,3,4,5,6,7 I fell right into the predicted feelings...felt like I was exhausted the first week and SUPER CRANKY too. Day 11 and that is SOOO much better and I'm already seeing benefits, shinier hair, flatter stomach, more 'regular'. etc. I'm in for another 19 days. WOW!

Time is flying by so fast! I can't believe I am already finishing up Day 12. Day 10 & 11 were definitely hard days. I didn't prep for the weekend as well as I had hoped so eating Whole30 compliant took some imagination. And they weren't kidding about the junk food dreams. So trippy! There are so many Whole30 recipes that it's so hard to choose what to prep for the week. I want to make them all!! Super stoked to reach the 1/2 way point in just a few days!! I'll see how I feel but I may consider going another 15 days and make this a Whole45. Hope everyone is feeling great and going strong!

Archived