The weekends are the hardest

Gphanatix1

So this weekend was difficult. I am used to my many bad eating and drinking habits and not having those things on the weekend was really getting to me. During the week work keeps me busy, along with more cooking and planning. I feel really good in the mornings (probably because I am taking melatonin), which is not me at all; however, the nights I am hungry, tired, and exhausted. During the day I am fine but once I make it home I am a crazy person and not very fun to be around. Going to try and eat more for super to try and counteract the hangries (hunger angriness) or a late afternoon snack to try and avoid this crazy person all together.

I agree that weekends are a bit harder for me too, maybe because we are used to 'unwinding' or relaxing our work-week habits. I have found that if I busy myself with projects, and a little more exercise, I don't miss the foods/drinks as much. I drink tea in between meals and that helps, too. I have reorganized my kitchen and am working on my closet :) Definitely eat more at your meals to help get through to the next meal! Especially add some fat if you can, I eat so many avocados now-very satiating. Good luck!

My first weekend, I was terrified because that's when the really bad habits come out. I brought work home with me and found other things to just keep me busy. It worked. I still haven't cleaned my place yet but I've finished some games, binged a lot of shows...... important stuff.

I've found that making weekends (partially at least) about cooking up a ton of food to last the upcoming work week helps... just get into a week after week cycle - the cook-up allows the healthy eating for the week.  Repeat, repeat, repeat....

14 hours ago, Jim4884 said:

I've found that making weekends (partially at least) about cooking up a ton of food to last the upcoming work week helps... just get into a week after week cycle - the cook-up allows the healthy eating for the week.  Repeat, repeat, repeat....

Yes-totally agree! It is actually fun for me now to plan and prep, knowing it will be saving time during the busy week. I put on some good music and get comfy in the kitchen! 

Archived