Started January 27

CaroHarNord

Hey there All. I'm on Day 3 and would love to find people out there who started on the same day I do so I have a support network. There are some people who started a couple days later but don't want to not be in synch. :) VERY EXCITED. Feeling sluggish on Day 3, felt amazing on Day 1. Very funny how I felt it was going to be so easy, now I'm realizing my body is complaining. I thought I was a health eater but after meal prepping this realized I survived on greek yogurt and wasa multigrain crackers. I want to eat a variety of foods and feel more energized, hence Whole30. I really am sick of always looking at the scale and trying to eat low calorie every day and always worrying about what I eat. The amount of protein I'm eating is kind a shock to my system, not so much the veggies. I'm 5.7, 142lbs and 52.  My hot flashes have been insane and I've got some achiness in my hand joints that I never had before this year. I want to see if giving up dairy and sugar has an effect. Also, did I say I want more energy. My night two sleep was just GREAT. But on Day 3 as I'm approaching the after lunch period I can feel my body crashing. Help, I need cheerleaders and people I can encourage!

Hi!  I'm a Newbie also and started one day before you...on Jan 26th...so I'm on Day 4 and am feeling like BLAHHH. I'm on my 4th day of migraines and have been trying to put off taking my migraine meds, but have really needed them.  Sugar is my demon and already am finding myself trying to use fruit, fruit water, almond butter and Lara Bars as a "fix" which I know is against the program rules. I am committed to try this program to get on top of my migraines, post-menopausal weight gain and body aches. I am 5'8", 159# and 59 years old. Aside from sugar, I am missing CHEESE! I am from Wisconsin and eat cheese at least 1-2xday. What I have been feeling is pretty much outlined in the book Day 2 to 3 "The Hangover" and have read and re-read this sentence: The amount of suck you experience in this phase is directly proportional to the amount of junk you consumed before you began the program. Busted. WE CAN DO THIS!! One day at a time....;)

Archived